Menu
Kelmondo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

new customer wrong price agreed

Hi I'm new customer to virgin for broadband and phone the price I agreed on phone is not the same as email document I have to sign for on email contract which I've received week later ????? And I'm due installation soon it's dearer on contract than what was said on phone ??
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new customer wrong price agreed

From past experience I believe that the e-mail contract doesn't include any agreed discounts (which defeats the purpose of it really).

You would be best speaking to Customer Services or Live Chat (as you can get the deal confirmed in writing that way).

Once you have had the install you do have a 14 day satisfaction period where you can cancel and get a full refund if things don't turn out right.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Shazzamma
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This happened to me a few months ago; I've been a Virgin customer for years.  I rang as soon as the wrong contract came via email and spoke to someone who emailed me back agreeing that the price was indeed wrong, so I was happy I received that in writing so quickly.  But then when I received my bill it was as stated on the wrong email contract.  I therefore emailed the customer service assistant I had originally spoken to, several times, without response.  So I had to ring again and it took forever to get through, then the conversation I had with this csa took forever as he could not solve it and said they weren't able to send emails (but I'd had one!) and he promised a Manager would call me back that evening.  I just awaited the call as I really couldn't face going through it all again on the phone.  When a Manager did finally call, three days later, I was told I shouldn't have been promised a callback the same evening as "it's 72 hours for a call back from a Manager" and I shouldn't have been told, in answer to my question, that the latest a Manager would call me was "midnight".  Basically, the Manager agreed that the service I'd received was very poor, including the way I was spoken to, and arranged for some discount as well as correcting the bill.  He insisted that they don't send emails, however.  As all this took so long, in the meantime I'd actually emailed Tom Mockridge, the CEO, outlining all this rubbish ... I'm sure that's what led to this Manager calling me when he did.  And providing me with an acceptable recompense and correct package.  So persevere and don't be fobbed off, and you may eventually get good customer service!

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries at all.  Glad to have been able to help a little.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From past experience I believe that the e-mail contract doesn't include any agreed discounts (which defeats the purpose of it really).

You would be best speaking to Customer Services or Live Chat (as you can get the deal confirmed in writing that way).

Once you have had the install you do have a 14 day satisfaction period where you can cancel and get a full refund if things don't turn out right.

-

Kelmondo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thankyou for info I have just rang customer support and they back up what your saying as discounts are not added to esign document , why can't they just add them to document at least I know what I'm getting how long for and what I'm paying No I'm just worried in case I am being had over they can't send me in writing document she said
0 Kudos
Shazzamma
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This happened to me a few months ago; I've been a Virgin customer for years.  I rang as soon as the wrong contract came via email and spoke to someone who emailed me back agreeing that the price was indeed wrong, so I was happy I received that in writing so quickly.  But then when I received my bill it was as stated on the wrong email contract.  I therefore emailed the customer service assistant I had originally spoken to, several times, without response.  So I had to ring again and it took forever to get through, then the conversation I had with this csa took forever as he could not solve it and said they weren't able to send emails (but I'd had one!) and he promised a Manager would call me back that evening.  I just awaited the call as I really couldn't face going through it all again on the phone.  When a Manager did finally call, three days later, I was told I shouldn't have been promised a callback the same evening as "it's 72 hours for a call back from a Manager" and I shouldn't have been told, in answer to my question, that the latest a Manager would call me was "midnight".  Basically, the Manager agreed that the service I'd received was very poor, including the way I was spoken to, and arranged for some discount as well as correcting the bill.  He insisted that they don't send emails, however.  As all this took so long, in the meantime I'd actually emailed Tom Mockridge, the CEO, outlining all this rubbish ... I'm sure that's what led to this Manager calling me when he did.  And providing me with an acceptable recompense and correct package.  So persevere and don't be fobbed off, and you may eventually get good customer service!

0 Kudos
Kelmondo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for the info guys appreciate it
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries at all.  Glad to have been able to help a little.

-