Menu
chris24
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new customer deals

Can i ask how I is that new customers are being offered great deals to join Virgin, whereas existing loyal customers like myself with over 15 years uninterrupted custom can not get the same deal, I find this to be totally unacceptable, having just come off he phone with customer services all I get is yes but new customers are important to us, surely we the loyal customers should expect to be treated with the same common courtesy, if not more, we are however the main stay of the company, I have  tried sourcing Richard Branson personal email to ask him personally the same question, without any luck so far but will preserver

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer deals

Branson, as we never tire of saying, has absolutely no connection with the management of Virgin Media. His company just licences the name to VM's owners the US conglomerate Liberty Global.

As for your point. It's the way ISPs , fuel utilities, insurance companies and most other mass market sellers do business. Deals to draw you in and inertia to keep you to stay.

That is the way of the world. If you want a new customer deal you'll have to go to another provider. The rest is a lost cause. The business model works. That is why it is so widespread.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer deals

Sorry Chris but you are wasting your time.  As Howard says it is the way the business model works.  Nobody cares about customer loyalty any more, least of all an American owned company like 'Virgin Media' (Liberty Global).   They are taking on as many new customers as possible without the infrastructure to support the numbers and the motive is purely profit.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos