Menu
andytown
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new contract agreed, but no sign of contract to sign, or changes being made!

On Thursday 25/1 I agreed a new contract having been within days of going to Sky. Expected I would get an electronic contract to sign, but after a few days heard nothing. So, I had an online chat and the Virgin employee confirmed all the details I had a agreed and stated the correct monthly price I'd agreed to. This person also stated a contract had been sent in the post the day after my initial phone call, ie. Fri 26/1. They confirmed new boxes to be installed 3/2/18 and that would be when my contract would start.    

Boxes installed yesterday fine. Happy with the equipment etc. Want ideally to stay with VM, but still no sign of contract to sign, or the contract being reflected on my account online. So, starting to think VM are trying to pull a fast one and keep me paying £35 a month more than I've agreed to.

Can anyone confirm how the new contract should be sent to me?  Getting tempted to cancel my direct debit and go to Sky if they are going to mess me around having agreed, and subsequently confirmed, a new deal only to carry on charging the same extortionate price as they were doing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new contract agreed, but no sign of contract to sign, or changes being made!

cancelling the DD is never a good idea - just gets bad reports on your credit score but your choice - afaik all contracts are sent electronically - you sign on line - they further argue if you dont get said contract and continue to use the service you have accepted the new contract by default - no idea if thats legal

give retentions a ring - they should be able to see whats on the account and if it agrees with what you agreed - you can then ask [again] for the contract

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
andytown
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new contract agreed, but no sign of contract to sign, or changes being made!

Thanks for replying Tony.

However VM are clearly the ones in the wrong here, having twice confirmed a new contractual agreement. they would be the ones in breach, not me.  I appreciate that they could potentially try to affect my credit score, but would ultimately have to remove any reference. Just sick of them wasting my time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

all true and in an ideal world simple and easy but VM sometimes seem to operate in a parallel universe - i prefer not to have to negotiate through the fog they seem to create

Tony
0 Kudos
andytown
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having the same problem. Spoke to someone, who seemed helpful, last Sunday. He confirmed the deal we had agreed again, so it's clearly definitely written on my account. He said he would send the contract again, but I've still not received anything and been charged the £125 a month that they've had out of us for the last four months now. So in effect we've overpaid by triple figures. Will be insisting they back date it to the date we agreed was going to be the contract start date or they can collect their equipment and wave goodbye to a customer.  It's the hours wasted on contacting them that is as much of a pain as anything.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andytown,

Thanks for your post on the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your new contract and charges.

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Full address including postcode

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andytown, 

Thanks for coming back to Terri via Private message. 

I'm afraid we're unable to offer help when it comes to Billing side of things. The team you need to speak to is the Customer Services team and they can be reached on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

They can confirm the package you're currently receiving and in turn let you know if there are any issues with your services. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos