Menu
Iaha14
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

minimum contract

Hi

I am thinking of cancelling my subscription so I called to 151 to arrange it. I was told I am signed into a minimum 18 month contract. I asked the person who was speaking to me  if she could send the contract detailing this as firstly i am convinced i only signed up for 12 month, Six months at a discount price then the full price after that, As I was speaking to her I logged onto my account details to see if i could find this 18 month contract detail but nothing there. As i was starting to get a bit irritated by the questions and the fact that virgin would charge me £225 to break the contract i asked her to send me the contract i agreed to by email so i could get off the phone, twenty four hours later i am still waiting for it. Can somebody from virgin media please contact me to tell me exactly what my minimum term is please.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: minimum contract

Contracts with a large discount for 6 months were generally 18 month contracts.

You should have received either a hardcopy contract or an emailed contract when you signed up.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I signed up to Virgin Media myself a few weeks ago (was connected 2 weeks ago) but I haven't received any contract by e-mail or by post.

It may be that it was just a verbal contract and they would have to listen back to telephone recordings if you are disputing the length of the contract.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi laha14,

I'm sure I can get get the information you need.

I'll drop you a private message now for your details. Just click the small envelope to the top right.

Best, 

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
chippycc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I too would like to know my contract term, as I'm thinking of leaving after suffering poor broadband speeds and disconnections if more that 3 people log on to virgin. I've had 2 engineers come over in the past and to try to sort this mess out, but it hasn't improved at all. I know that if I phone Virgin, they'll try and try to persuade me to stay, but really, I'm at my wits end, and there's no way I'll pay £225 to break my contract after suffering months and months of poor broadband service!! Could anyone help in finding my contract term??

Graham
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your broadband connection.

I'm more than happy to take a look at things for you however I haven't been able to locate your account and will need to pass security with you anyway. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos