Menu
ryantg
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

loyalty discounts...

Hi all, Just got off the phone to virgin retention. I have to say that i'm disappointed with the feedback i got back from virgin.. I have friends, family and work colleagues who all have virgin broadband. One thing you can't do is compare the service to any other like BT. That i know and understand. But it all comes down to the price. My package is 100mb + free upgrade to 50mb and unlimited telephone calls. £10 discount is now finished, and the next monthly bill will be £52!.. 

Retention suggested downgrading the package in order to make it cheaper.. Basic telephone and 50mb broadband (so we would lose the upgrade which is the same price as 100mb) would be £43 a month.. Retention suggested going ahead again with the £10 discount for 6 months only!...

£1 cheaper to stick with what i got!...

Other customers are get bigger discounts with much better packages than mine. 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Loyalty-discount/td-p/3239621 

This is just one example. Customer - wilson_campbell Got a great deal of £19 a month for his package. His response was:

"Great sorted out nowSmiley Happy  £19 a month. Thanks for your help in sorting it out, really appreciate it Smiley Happy

What ever package Wilson had is cheaper and better than mine. Even with me on the cheapest package Virgin has to offer! Why is there such an unfair, unbalanced discount for customers. Like this example..

Just want to know what others have experienced in regards to better offers. Feel virgin need to be aware of this. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: loyalty discounts...

ryantg wrote:

Just want to know what others have experienced in regards to better offers. Feel virgin need to be aware of this.  

VM are entirely aware of this.  The business model is to not recognise customer loyalty.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos