Menu
rk99
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

installation

It is a week since Virgin were supposed to install broadband and phone. I have not received a single call from them. On the installation day, an obstruction was apparently found in the cable connection in the street. The contractors could not get access to manhole cover in street to see if cable could be passed 40 m down street and they left. A car was on the manhole cover so they left and that was the last I heard of them. Since then I have had made repeated calls, but there is no urgency or even much interest in apparently completing the installation. No one is responsible for anything and apparently external contractors can just leave jobs and move on without bothering to find solutions. Virgin cut my landline and broadband last week but failed to take even the most basic steps to ensure its own installation would be completed. They had 3 weeks between signing up and the installation to check that there was basic cabling in place, but did nothing. Now I am supposed to sit here and do nothing with no landline or broadband and just hope somewhere someone in Virgin will remember they were supposed to finish an installation. In all the many call centres I have spoken with at increasing cost (the minutes on my mobile have been used up thanks to these endless calls) no one has authority to do anything except ask the customer to wait for another 48 hours in which time something or nothing may happen (in my case, nothing). So my question is how can Virgin justify running an installation process that clearly has zero penalties for contractors failing to install or provide basic service to the customer and how on earthy do you find anyone with authority to sort the problem in a reasonable time? But above all, why organize to have existing phone and broadband cut off without carrying minimum basic checks to see if installation will be able to take place on the day? Yes I know this is a complaint but as no one else listens I am posting it here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: installation

Hi rk99, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear we've not been able to install you yet Smiley Sad 

Checking the account I can see that since posting, the work needing to be done has been completed and an installation date has been arranged. 

Let us know how this goes and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos