Menu
jimbean
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

incentives for virgin customers

I payed 46 a month for phone (weekends free) and broadband in my area 14 now they are doing TV broadband and.phone for £29.00 when I asked if it was possible for me to do it I was told sorry new customers only I've been a customer for about 12 years 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: incentives for virgin customers

Or, if your contract is finished its current term or nearly there then phone Retentions (Thinking of Leaving) and negotiate a new contract. Ask for a loyalty discount.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's how it works in today's world of commerce, customer loyalty is a thing of the past, they just want to entice new customers in knowing that existing customers will be slow to leave either because they will have to pay an early cancellation fee or are happy (some are) with the speed they are getting.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimbean,

this is always the case. It's a business model used by many, not just Virgin Media.

Attract new customers with a great introductory price for 12 months then increase it and hope that they'll remain.

As a customer of 12 years if you are not currently in a contract period you can always call and try and negotiate a loyalty discount.

Bit of a pain and you never get as good a discount as new customers but every little helps definitely worth doing.

I call regularly whenever I'm out of contract.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Or, if your contract is finished its current term or nearly there then phone Retentions (Thinking of Leaving) and negotiate a new contract. Ask for a loyalty discount.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jimbean
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thx Alex I'll let you know
0 Kudos