Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (1,012 Views)

i want to leave virgin

My contract ran out in october of last year i was going to go to sky but couldnt. stayed with virgin as no other option told i was in a monthly contract. now moving and have been told i am in a  12 months contract! how is this possible? How do i get out of it without it costing me anymore money as feel virgin rip me off anyway as issues every day with wifi and live in the middle of a busy city!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (2,006 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Monday

Re: i want to leave virgin

hiya @Gottangry between october and now did you change add/remove any package/service? since this will normally trigger a 12 month contract renewal if you didn't i would be querying how you're under contract
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Superuser
Message 4 of 12 (1,940 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Monday

Gottangry wrote:

No i have only asked them to stop sending me paper bills. hopefully getting a call back from a manager tomorow. Thanks for your help.

dont hold your breath for the call back - they are nearly as rare as hens teeth

who are you talking to - only dept worth the call is retentions 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony

Superuser
Message 7 of 12 (1,108 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Wednesday

hiya @fuming-rv so you took out virginmedia broadband, and just use the email system?, since if your account is a residential account you would be breaching the terms and conditions (using the service for business/commercial usage), so no refund would be due..
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (2,007 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Monday

hiya @Gottangry between october and now did you change add/remove any package/service? since this will normally trigger a 12 month contract renewal if you didn't i would be querying how you're under contract
Joining in
Message 3 of 12 (1,002 Views)

No i have only asked them to stop sending me paper bills. hopefully getting a call back from a manager tomorow. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 12 (1,941 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Monday

Gottangry wrote:

dont hold your breath for the call back - they are nearly as rare as hens teeth

who are you talking to - only dept worth the call is retentions 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
Joining in
Message 5 of 12 (966 Views)

Thanks for that Tony will give it a try.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 12 (710 Views)

over 8 years I have not consumed one single byte of their service. I have been running my own business, alone and there's always another higher priority than saving £30 a month, plus in the early days I always dreamed I'd have time to log into webmail and go thru all the incoming mail and redirect non-spam to my current address. Long story short it never gets done and they get £500 a year for sweet FA. mostly my fault I acknowledge, but I asked them for a gesture, refund me half of the 8 years. they offered me NOTHING.

anyone know if the ombudsman will be any help in a case like this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 12 (1,109 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Gottangry
Wednesday

hiya @fuming-rv so you took out virginmedia broadband, and just use the email system?, since if your account is a residential account you would be breaching the terms and conditions (using the service for business/commercial usage), so no refund would be due..
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 12 (539 Views)

thanks Paul, I see your point, tho in reality I had the account for years prior to 2008 and it had been used mainly for personal emails and that was the reason I stopped using it as I bought a domain name in 2008 and started using that for business email purposes. there was a short transition period and a lot of business contacts did harvest my personal address and started spamming me. Despite my efforts to get them stop, needless to say it continued.

do you happen to know much about how the ombudsman would view it or if it's worth pursuing?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 12 (252 Views)

well you would need to follow the virignmedia complaint process since OFCOM will do NOTHING, since they don't deal with single cases the process can view via -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 10 of 12 (243 Views)

so you took out a service. Didn't cancel it and not 8 years later because you didn't use it and couldn't be bothered to cancel you want a refund.

Yah right!

i've never claimed on my insuance so i want all that money back as i never used the service.
0 Kudos