Menu
hosuspocs
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i keep trying to return old Virgin tv box and broadband hub

am having a problem getting rid of my old Virgin media tv box and broadband hub, I don't

feel comfortable just dropping them off at the skip as they've got all the set top numbers

on it which relate to my account and when I call to ask them to send an envelope so I

can return it to them, I keep getting automated texts telling me to dispose of it myself?

It's an environment nightmare, that they won't take them back for recycling.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: i keep trying to return old Virgin tv box and broadband hub

hosuspocs wrote:

am having a problem getting rid of my old Virgin media tv box and broadband hub, I don't

feel comfortable just dropping them off at the skip as they've got all the set top numbers

on it which relate to my account and when I call to ask them to send an envelope so I

can return it to them, I keep getting automated texts telling me to dispose of it myself?

Depends, unless its the latest kit they dont want it back and you can just dispose of it, what kit is it exactly that you have?

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

shanematthews wrote:

hosuspocs wrote:

Depends, unless its the latest kit they dont want it back and you can just dispose of it, what kit is it exactly that you have?

A health warning. As admitted recently on these forums by a VM staff member, that depends on the day of the week as VM constantly changes its mind on what should and should not be returned and some customers have had their fingers burned by being given contradictory information.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
hosuspocs
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks, I'll try virgin media again. To answer the other person, the broadband hub is only a few
months old and the tv hub is a couple of years old, it's the box before Tivo was introduced. Also you
can't put black marker pen over the password info. so the boxes are identifiable, so hard to get
rid of without worry.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anything that is pre-TiVO does not have to be returned.

Same goes for the Superhub 1 & 2/ac. Only Superhub 3's need to be returned.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Anything that is pre-TiVO does not have to be returned.

Same goes for the Superhub 1 & 2/ac. Only Superhub 3's need to be returned.

To the OP, do not believe the above. Have a look at this customer's experience :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Send-back-or-recycle-Virgin-do-not-see...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
hosuspocs
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

this is a cut and paste of an email I received from VM, the biggest problem I have with it is that they have

requested I dispose of previous hubs in an "environmentally friendly way".  How do you do that?  there is nothing

environmentally friendly about disposing of these boxes, they're made of plastic !! I suspect that 

changing these boxes is not necessary to upgrade services but that's a whole other issue.  I imagine that

the actual technology inside the boxes is probably very small as in a freeview box.  If the iphone 7 can do what

it does, why are these hubs so big and non-disposable really.  Yes I can take it to the skip, as wil  hundred of thousands

of people like me,  but together we are just creating a gigantic mountain of waste. 

<<Hi there.

our equipment you have recently disconnected is not required to be returned, please dispose of this in an environmentally friendly way.

If you still wish for us to send postal packaging to send back for us to recycle please reply to this e-mail.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team>>

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The only item there has been problems concerning return information is the TiVO, which I did not mention in my post as the information being given to the SU group has been inconsistant to say the least. The rest of the equipment mentioned has never been in question.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos