Menu
mamamamamamamam
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

how to stop unsollicited mail

We received unsollicited mail on our address.

We now moved abroad. How to stop this mail??

0 Kudos
speedway59
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to stop unsollicited mail

That would be a great trick -

How about VM sending you offers for products you already have.

However my big bugbear with them is they keep sending mail shots addressed to my mother who passed away earlier this year

which I don't want my father to keep receiving - NOW the other oddity is they had never been VM customers and have lived at the 

same address for 59 years - and due to being in care my mother had not been on the electoral role at this address for a good 6 years.

It's just shocking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mamamamamamamam

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the unwanted marketing.

Could I check if this contains your address or not? 
Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi speedway59

I'm really sorry to hear about the marketing being received addressed to your mother who has passed away - I can understand this is quite upsetting.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information, could you respond to the PM with the information requested so we can get you some assistance with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mary,

Thanks for coming back to us and again apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted mail from us. 

I've gone into your account and changed your marketing preferences to No Contact so this will stop any emails, calls, addressed marketing and texts from us.

You can register your details here to opt out of Un-addressed Marketing: Unaddressed mail opt out  This will stop un-addressed mail from all companies and not just Virgin Media.

This will stop un-addressed mail from all companies and not just Virgin Media.

You can register your details here to further protect yourself against junk mail: 

Mail Preference Service

It can take up to 6 weeks for things to completely stop but you should see it reduce as time goes on. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

DebGibson17
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still constantly receiving phone calls and big a4 letters addressed to me personally when I have never tried / wanted to sign up. Thought I received contact saying we had opted out of it all but I'm still receiving things. How can I officially get my details out of the system?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DebGibson17,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are receiving unwanted calls or mail from us. Smiley Sad

I'd love to get things sorted for you but will need some information from you in order to help. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DebGibson17,

Thanks for comingback to me via private message with your information. 

I've gone into our system and changed your address marketing preferences to No Contact so this will stop any addressed marketing from us.

You can register your details here to opt out of Un-addressed Marketing: Unaddressed mail opt out  This will stop un-addressed mail from all companies and not just Virgin Media.

You can register your details here to further protect yourself against junk mail: Mail Preference Service

It can take up to 6 weeks for things to completely stop but you should see it reduce as time goes on. 

With regards to calls, as you're not a Virgin Media customer we won't hold this information on file. Theses types of calls are frustrating but we're also not able to do anything about them. Your best bet is registering your phone number with the TPS: Telephone Preference Service

It's free and will help put a stop to unwanted callers. It's not 100% but it did stop a lot of calls for me Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos