Menu
tom3
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

how to contact outbound sales?

I work in an office and can't easily answer the phone, but no one at virgin can put my deal through the computer except outbound sales (apparently!!).

How do i get a message to outbound sales?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to contact outbound sales?

not a dept i know - do you mean retentions - if so they are open until 8 and most of saturday

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

duh - call them at the weekend , or on a lunch break

or do you work a 7 days week , with no breaks ever  - if yes, then why do you need a virgin package - you're never at home to use it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
loudawg
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ask the outbound sales agent to note on the system the deal and how long it will run for. Customers services should arrange for deal to happen.

Also its its normally possible to call inbound to an outbound call centre.

0 Kudos
tom3
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What's the number? I have 0800 408 9340 and that gives a recorded message saying "you can't call us, wait for us to call you". The retentions team also told me this.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
tom3
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've called them, they tried to apply my deal but couldn't. The said only sales could do that.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tom3

Thanks for joining us on the forums and for dropping by with your post Smiley Happy

I can see that you have spoken to the teams about the offer you are looking into and it's great that you've had this support from our teams Smiley Very Happy

The Outbound Retentions teams are the ones that may pick these requests up for our existing customers. Outbound Sales only contact customers who are eligible for offers we have and this applies to customers who would at that point be taking on a new product. E.G a broadband only customer may be eligible for a new customer deal including phone TV and broadband if they were to take on board those 2 new services.

A customer with all 3 services already would not be contacted by them as their offers are relevant to a customer who is going to take on board a completely new service.

I hope that helps.

I am very glad to see you have sorted an option with us that you are happy with too.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you and we'll do what we can to support you Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Syndrew
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I got a call from the retentions after I asked for a disconnection, they offered me a much better deal but I decided to check with my wife first and then i couldn't contact them. So I went for another disconnection but they didn't call, so I cancelled the disconnect. I am now on a rolling monthly disconnect/reconnect until they call.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Syndrew wrote:
I got a call from the retentions after I asked for a disconnection, they offered me a much better deal but I decided to check with my wife first and then i couldn't contact them. So I went for another disconnection but they didn't call, so I cancelled the disconnect. I am now on a rolling monthly disconnect/reconnect until they call.

If you are an active customer, you won't get a call from anyone at Virgin Media.

Your chance to start a new contract minimum period is to speak to Retentions.

Should they not be able to come to a negotiated deal, you can cancel your account. Only then can you perhaps get a call from Outbound Retentions - not guaranteed to happen so be sure you are willing to follow through and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Syndrew

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the retentions offer.

I know you have also posted about this on the other thread

Deals offered when disconnecting

In line with the forum guidelines we ask that customers stick to one thread for the same issue to allow us the chance to deal with this for you.

I'll continue to support you on the other thread above.

Thanks and speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos