Menu
ADINGO8MYBARBIE
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

how do i book another engineer visit?

After being fobbed off twice with temporary fixes i eventually had an enginner out yesterday - and the fault is still there.

Indian call centres have hung up on me 3 times and chat online is never ever available - how do i book another engineer visit, if no-one at virgin is actually contactable that i can understand?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: how do i book another engineer visit?

ADINGO8MYBARBIE wrote:

and chat online is never ever available

Strange, I've almost never had issues getting an online chat session through. Usually checking back a couple of minutes later does the trick. For example, when I started typing this post the fault/loss of service options of broadband/TV/phone were busy, but they're all free now a few minutes later. It is just a matter of checking every few minutes.

That aside, I have had engineer appointments booked by the Customer Relations department. You can reach them by calling in (150 / 0345 454 1111 -> option 5 -> option 3.) They're UK based and available between 8AM to 8PM. If they cannot assist you directly, they'll most likely redirect you through to another UK team who can help.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
ADINGO8MYBARBIE
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - make that 4 times for the Indian call centres.

Just been put on hold for 15 minutes when i asked to speak to a supervisor because I had no idea what she was saying- customer service is appalling

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ADINGO8MYBARBIE wrote:

and chat online is never ever available

Strange, I've almost never had issues getting an online chat session through. Usually checking back a couple of minutes later does the trick. For example, when I started typing this post the fault/loss of service options of broadband/TV/phone were busy, but they're all free now a few minutes later. It is just a matter of checking every few minutes.

That aside, I have had engineer appointments booked by the Customer Relations department. You can reach them by calling in (150 / 0345 454 1111 -> option 5 -> option 3.) They're UK based and available between 8AM to 8PM. If they cannot assist you directly, they'll most likely redirect you through to another UK team who can help.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
ADINGO8MYBARBIE
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I eventually got through to online chat, and now know why they are so busy - it was over a minute between questions and the guy wasn't even remotely interested in helping me out. Got an engineer through phoning again
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ASINGO8MYBARBIE, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue getting an engineer booked in for you. I'm glad you did manage to get this sorted though. 

Next time, pop a post to us and we'll be able to help you out Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kisy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My engineer did not want to meet me already month.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey kisy,

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had getting installed.

Looks like you've already posted about this on your thread titled Kisy which I have just responded to. Could we keep the responses to that thread save any confusion in future.

Regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mich-jones
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have never been able to access the chat line, it always comes up as no one is available. The test your system on the web doesn't work and Virgin is generally a mess. You used to be able to book an engineer easily on line - no more

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mich-jones,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble booking an engineer online and speaking with our chat team. Chat is an increasingly popular way to contact companies these days so you can rest assured we're investing into improvements and availability more than ever.

If there's nobody available online when you need us then are support teams are always available to help. You can reach us on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 2. 

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos