hOW CAN i CANCEL GADGET RESCUE

HOW CAN  I CANCEL GADGET RESCUE

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: hOW CAN i CANCEL GADGET RESCUE

I would not cancel just yet, you clearly need help with fixing that CAPS LOCK.

after that, as with most things, you read the contract, / go to their web page / find out what the cancellation rules are... see what minimum term you were dumb enough to agree to...

Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks cybmole yes I do tend to leave caps lock on at 85 yrs the memory tends to slow down lol
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freddyboy86, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

A Minimum Contract Term applies for a Gadget Rescue subscription but if during that time, you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel subject to paying a one off early cancellation fee. This wont exceed the balance of the monthly charges that you would have paid for the rest of the Minimum Term.

If you’ve had a Gadget Rescue subscription for more than the Minimum Term, then you can cancel without paying an early cancellation fee.

If you want to cancel your subscription, call on 0800 014 7398 and the team will be able to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replies to my problem Sadly I am 85 and deaf so cannot phone to cancel and Virgin do not seem to have any disabled persons help that we can make contact by emails etc.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freddyboy86

I appreciate the difficulties you are having in trying to get this resolved and my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

In order for us to cancel this for you there are two alternative ways to contact us to arrange this.

1. You can either as a customer with an accessibility issue,  look into the Text Relay service that can be used by our customers where a recognised team will call in to speak to us acting with your authority as the account holder to communicate with us in your stead. All of our agents are able to discuss accounts with the Text Relay (or Talk Type as they are also known) teams acting as an intermediary to communicate your typed requests to us on your behalf. You would potentially need to download an app to use this service and for further information regarding this please check in on the link above which takes you to the Ofcom site to support further.
  2. You can check out the support that Gadget Rescue offer via our support link and download the app they can chat to you via to discuss this with them directly on a chat Gadget Rescue
  3. You can write into our teams via Contact Us who will update this request on your behalf.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you and if you need anything else just drop a post back to us Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

THANKS

Thank you for your suggestions on how to cancel unwanted Gadget Rescue .The problem is I am suffering from a few senile problems and  even mor problems due to being deaf and housebound  No one has yet  shown me how to deal with my problem by using e mail telephone and what you call texing is far beyond my capabilities I even wrote to virgin complaints  in SWANSEA back in December last year  I  sent by reciorded delivery but they still have not answered .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: THANKS

Hi Freddyboy86

I appreciate that you are finding the communications system difficult and my apologies about this. The Touch Type or Text Type is one alternative to allow you as a customer to contact us.

If you are struggling to use Webchat for Gadget Rescue to speak to the teams, or phone them due to your hearing impairment, and are unable to email them, then my only suggestion as an alternative for you would be for you to contact them whilst you have someone present for them to help support you in this request.

You can clear Data Protection with the teams at Gadget Rescue and they will then be able to discuss this with your nominated third party.

With respect to the letter you sent, you should have had a response from our teams so I am sorry this has not happened, but they would not have been able to have arranged this for you as this has to go direct to Gadget Rescue to update for you.

I do understand that this is not the most ideal alternative but given you are having difficulties in contacting them in the main ways they operate or the alternative option to assist customers with additional accessibility needs, I am just trying to find the best resolution for you.

Please keep us posted on how you get on.

Warmest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your info  I am even more unable to make contact now as  sadly yesterday my dear wife passed away. . I am now completely alone and lost and will now find it hard to afford the extra  cost of  using virgin  I feel now I will have to leave  virgin  but again I have no idea how I can do that every thing is  so confusing and virgin do nothing that will allow me to just send  a request to cancel .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freddyboy86

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your wife and our sincere condolences on your loss.

I have checked into the letter for you that you have mentioned on your other post (Thanks) that you sent to us and I can see that this has processed and removed Gadget Rescue for you since we last spoke.

If you are looking to arrange to cancel the account with us then you can do this via letter too to the same address in Swansea that you previously wrote into. If you would like to address this to me C/O Karen_A, Social Media Forum Team, I will drop a post back to you to confirm when this has been received so you do not need to worry about it. I'll confirm that we have received the letter for you.

Alternatively if you are looking to find an option that may enable you to stay with us then please just let us know the option you would prefer and we will see if one of the teams can look at supporting you with this.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team