Menu
aasmundv
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

free wireless speaker

Hi,

we signed up as customers with Virgin Media starting from 25th August this year, but as seems the case with others, we have not yet received our free wireless speaker. Does anyone know why it is taking so long? This should be automatic as the account is set up, or?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: free wireless speaker

Hi Aasmund, 

Thanks for your patience again with this one. 

OK, The Head of the Rewards team has taken another look and confirmed what I've told him regarding the Movers agent. 

I can only apologise that this wasn't accepted first as last for you. 

The Head has now sent your details over to the team who send these speakers out. You should receive this within 3 days from Monday. If you've still not gotten it by Friday, let me know and I'll chase again for you Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

aasmundv wrote:

we signed up as customers with Virgin Media starting from 25th August this year, but as seems the case with others, we have not yet received our free wireless speaker. Does anyone know why it is taking so long? This should be automatic as the account is set up, or?

Problems in communication occur between the various teams which get involved with the gift side of things as well as between Virgin Media and the company they use to ship the gifts. It ideally shouldn't happen, but it does, all too often unfortunately. When were your services actually installed? (the sign up date is irrelevant.) 28 days after installation the gift is dispatched (up to two weeks delivery.) 42 days in all wait. If you've waited longer than that the following is applicable.

You can get this manually looked into (quicker) by calling in about it. Ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Pick Option 4 -> Option 1 from the menu system. Ask for an exception form to be filled in regarding the unreceived gift.

Or if you prefer not to call in about it, wait up to two weeks for a favicon.png Forum Team member to respond to your topic. They'll look into it for you and keep you updated regarding the matter.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
pjn1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had mine installed on 6 Sept still nothing here either

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi aasundv,

Thanks for your post and a huge welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face posting here. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your speaker. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

I have filled out an exception form for you and this has now gone over to the Rewards team. They will check your account to confirm eligibility and they'll come back to me. 

Once I hear back from the team, I shall let you know the outcome. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjn1978,

Apologies to hear that you too are waiting for your speaker. 

I have filled out the same exception form for you and this has also gone over to the Rewards team. Once they've checked your account to confirm eligibility and come back to me I'll let you know what happens next.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

pjn1978
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks Kath_F
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No problem Smiley Happy

Just remember to keep things in the one thread instead of over 3. 

I'm off until Tuesday now so will reply back then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjun1978,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. Smiley Happy

The team have come back to me today and advised that the account isn't eligible due to there not being an online offer at the time you took your package.

I'd like to raise this up again further so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi aasmundv,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked into this for you. Smiley Happy

The team have come back to me now and have advised that the account is not eligible for the speaker due to this being a Move and Transfer account.

What that means is either you have moved address and therefore had a new account opened with your new address or an old account has been closed and the details, such as email address and My VM login details have been transferred to this new account.

The offer was only available to brand new customers at the time.  

Apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

aasmundv
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
This is strange, we moved to England the 25th August, and have never been customers with virgin before. Can you please speak to your team and get back to me?

Regards
Aasmund
0 Kudos