Menu
realguitarman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

finally leaving virgin media

After many years we are finally leaving virgin media, I gave notice of cancellation on the 22nd September and our service will terminate on the 20th October. Reason for leaving is the £94 monthly fee with the new increase. No serious attempt to offer anything better was made and thats fair enough.

BT are offering us a good deal for £20 less per month although I do realise the broadband speed will be less.

My question is am I allowed to remove the internal white boxes and all the internal and external wiring affixed to my property - (the cable from the grid is underneath my garden and also underneath a concrete driveway laid over it) Thank you

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: finally leaving virgin media

You are allowed to do what you want, its your property. I dont see a point in removing further than the brown omnibox outside as will cause major problems if virgin is to be installed again at that property
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are allowed to do what you want, its your property. I dont see a point in removing further than the brown omnibox outside as will cause major problems if virgin is to be installed again at that property
0 Kudos
realguitarman
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
bubbs
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got the same problem, no attempt to keep my custom so its off to someone else, good luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi realguitarman
You can absolutely remove the wiring on your property if you are looking to do so.
I am sorry to hear you are leaving us tomorrow. I do understand that if you have a better financial package offer then this is going to mean customers will switch to new providers but hopefully we will see you back with us again at some point in the future?
If that means you change your mind about removing our wiring then it's worth considering Smiley Happy
Good luck with BT and your newer broadband.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos