Menu
Gaz222
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

existing customers

Hi,

i don't normally post on these things, but after just trying to save myself a few pennies, and miserably failing, wanted to ask all ( including virgin) whatever happened to taking care of existing customers?

I have been on the same provider ( albeit companies have changed) since diamond cable. And though I feel that virgin have always been a good provider, with very few problems, I've always looked at it as an if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it, provider.

however, after seeing our broadband constantly rising in price, I've been in contact with virgin about may having the tv, phone back as a package, to get more for my money. And after seeing the introductory prices for new customers online, thought in my infinite wisdom, that they would look after me. How wrong I was.... they want to offer the same packages as new customers, but at a higher price to me! How does that work?

so virgin. It looks like after all these years of being a loyal customer to you, this is the straw that finally breaks the camels back, and forces me to look for a new provider.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: existing customers

Existing customers can get the same price as a new customer less the joining discount. That's standard practice with all Virgin's competitors, so why should Virgin be any different. The same is true of most utilities/insurance providers etc. It's the way companies entice you to switch, which the regulators see as good practice.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Gaz222
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not on this occasion, new customer £29 package, same package existing customer, £45.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you been talking to the bog standard sales reps or Retentions?

Retentions is the best route (150 option 4 then 5) as they can offer you far more than is available to sales.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Gaz222
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You beat me to the post this morning nodrogd

but we received an offer through the post from virgin yesterday, offering a great deal for me as an existing customer. Which I can confirm, I've called and taken them up on it this morning.

i did ask why this offer wasn't made available to me when contacting only 24 hours ago, to be told that this particular offer is only sent by post to specific customers. A little communication between departments would've gone a long way, but all in all, I'm a happy happy again. I'm saving money and getting more for my money to boot. A few days earlier, would've saved me writing all of this.

0 Kudos
RegTheDonk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaz,

Did you do as nodrogd suggested to get them to send you a letter (ie. something in writing?) or did they send that before you called 150?

I ask as, like yourself, I'm a bit miffed that I seem to be paying quite a lot than a new customer would.  I appreciate that VM, like other companies, have to make money and will put out bigger carrots to get new customers.  But when you've got BT etc offering you a better deal to switch, surely its in VM's best interests to at least match that to retain is customers. 

I got an automated called a month or so ago, offering me a fantastic deal if I pressed "3" on my handset.  Figuring it was a scam I hung up.  Checked the number and found out it was VM, presumably because my current contract has just ended.  Pity those things aren't logged.

0 Kudos
Gaz222
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I received a letter from them, didn't go down the retentions route, but that option always works with the mobile phone companies.like you I was really annoyed that new customers were getting the better deal, though I suppose that in time, they'd be hung out to dry like us too. 

But as a note, my equipment came yesterday, I've set it all up, but due to a problem, can't activate it. I've been trying since yesterday afternoon and nothing. Tried customer services but just get put through to India, who tell me that they don't provide the signal (no crap Sherlock) so there is nothing they can do.

i hope that you can get something sorted with them