Menu
zeradin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

end of contract new contract logic bomb

so how would i go about ceasing the rollover on package now im at the end of contract...

also how would i go about ordering a new contract that will give me the benefits of a package with the comparable rates of joining another provider as a new customer.

knowing it saves virgin money on equipment and engineers all i essentially wish is for the same contract as last time and the full contract term price so i can compare it to other provider deals. 

i called 150. there is no option for renewal. just adding or subtracting package parts to the exsiting contract

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: end of contract new contract logic bomb

You phone up and cancel, then you wait for I think six months (it may be a year) and you can get the new customer discount , the promotional offers  are to attract new customers and virgin would soon go bankrupt if they gave them to everyone

0 Kudos
zeradin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

this is what doesnt make sense. i joined from another provider after end of that contract. i got a bigger package from them to make up for the 12mb/s diffference in speed. i joined virgin just because they wouldnt give me a contract term price cheaper than the full package value of a new customer (even though they didnt have to come out and put in a new line or issue new hardware (value of activation and boxes and engineer appointment adds up to ssaving them £280) on a package cost of just under £590 18 month.  virgin was around the same price as this so i joined.  lost my mobile number and relinquished more channels for it. now i can go back to them waiving activation costs of installing the fibre line because its already in place. and i can do it as a new customer. works out at £11 a month saving on the equiveaent costs of an existing customer here.

now you say i can then return to virgin as a new customer at he end of that package and get full offers that they have for them. even though they dont have to do any engineer work at all, just reactivate the lines in place and send out the rented hardware?  where is the logic? could i get a new contract for a secondd installation in the propertyand cease the rollover im on at the moment? as its a new line in the line rental of a new number makes me a new customer. 

all i want is a comparable discount that puts the contract's monthly tarrif in line with the activation and hardware installation fees negated from the value

everything works as it is and it seems a shame to have to change things because we are already in the pocket and as such dont get valued as customers with a choice of who provides us with what we suscribe to

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As you have found out, neither VM or other ISP's will match the introductory price on an ongoing basis. So your options are either negotiate the best price on an ongoing basis or leave.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

zeradin wrote:

could i get a new contract for a secondd installation in the propertyand cease the rollover im on at the moment? as its a new line in the line rental of a new number makes me a new customer. 

Nope only one installation per household

0 Kudos