Menu
davecci
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

downgrade tv

Hi,

We are paying £96 odd for vivid 200, talk more anytime phone, and full house xl tv, what i was wondering if anyone knows that if i knock off the tv package, go down to vivid 100, and keep phone package, then say in 3 months time (or less), add a new tv package, will i get the new customer deal, or because i have kept phone and broadband , will i be charged top price again as "existing" customer .?

Thanks, Davecci.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: downgrade tv

You'll get the existing customer price. If you have a partner living with you (who hasn't been a VM customer before), cancel and have said partner sign up in their name. A new customer discount will be applicable then.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You'll get the existing customer price. If you have a partner living with you (who hasn't been a VM customer before), cancel and have said partner sign up in their name. A new customer discount will be applicable then.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
davecci
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, do you think we would be able to keep the same email address though , as if not, i have no idea of how to get my contacts to a new address etc....  i appreciate you might not know ....

Thanks Davecci

0 Kudos
earlpurple
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This whole punishing of loyal customer thing should be illegal.

It's not like car insurance where I can keep switching, although that should be illegal too.

It should never be legal to have separate charges for the same thing dependent on whether you have used their service before or not.

I pay a ridiculously sky-high fee and I see all these bundles for half of what I am paying. And there is no sensible way on this site to edit one's package or try to see what you can change and get a quote for it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is called a commercial market, & the people you vote for (or not as the case may be) have decided it should be this way as it encourages competition. They seem to think if you are not switching services all the time then you should be. Until this attitude changes (if it ever does) the regulators will not intervene & we are stuck with the status-quo.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos