Menu
metalbox1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

customer loyalty means nothing

I have been a loyal(maybe stupid then) customer for over 10yrs, I have broadband and phone(had to have phone when I joined even though I don't actually have a landline!!)anyway, I now disgustingly pay nearly £50pm for broadband and a phone line I never use

Saw the new deal of broadband and no phone line for £18pm for 12 months contract, thought I would ring (not my type of thing to ring up these places usually) and I got Jordan, what a waste of time

I was told he couldn't see the deals and couldn't offer me anything except 75p off (cost me way more being passed around on this phonecall) he said he didn't know anything about a broadband only package and it would be 6months if I left before I could sign up again (can I just say I have no contract whatsoever and pay in full every time a bill appears!) is this really retentions?????? how has this conversation RETAINED me?

To say I am disgusted would be an understatement, so even though as a bloke we're inclined to be a bit 'if it aint broke don't mess with it' I will spend my weekend looking for a better deal somewhere else

well done Virgin,

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: customer loyalty means nothing

Joran called your bluff, you haven't given your notice
0 Kudos
Fred_Bloggs
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have to say that I feel you're completely wrong about Virgin's view on customer loyalty... my take is that they're really aware of it... they see loyal customers WITH DONKEY EARS SUPERIMPOSED ON THEIR HEADS and they hear us going EE_AWWW!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The rules of the game is:

hand in your notice
they give you a poor deal
Say no
wait for a call back, get good offer
0 Kudos
metalbox1
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

there was no bluffing involved lol just wanted to know why folk can pay £18pm for broadband and I have to pay nearly £50

and yes I have been mugged off, I am waggling my ears

do I have to give notice when I don't have a contract?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you have to give 30 days notice.

Its the same with most things. if you dont call and chance you will pay the same for ages. Just noticed last month i'm still paying £37 for my ee phone. So now called and got it down to £15.

If you dont like the offer you got last time dont accept it and call again. If you find a better deal somewhere else move providers. in 2 years when the new provides does the same move back to VM as a new customer.

Repeat every 2 years
0 Kudos
metalbox1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

cheers for that

do you know how long you have to wait before returning to each provider? I mean can you swap every 6months or 12 months? I do it with everything else just haven't with the broadband

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

3 months for VM. but most providers will welcome you back after a contract with someone else
metalbox1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

can I just add my initial and only contract was with NTL and then virgin bought the company so I haven't signed anything with virgin so I still don't know why I have to give any notice to them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you agree to the terms when you pay for the services so even out of contract you agree to any chances they make ti the terms.

Virgin media is still NTL but using the Virgin name. your contracts got moved over when they changed named. the name on the contract doesn't matter.
0 Kudos