Menu
mollyted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

complaints procedure

How can Virgin Media advertise super fast speed that they cannot  provide for example i signed up for 100mbps I get no more than 10 at best, I try to complain and am past from pillar to post promised better speeds in future dates but when they arrive nothing changes and the whole procedure starts again so I wrote a letter of complaint and they do not even have the courtesy to reply but they did manage to take a payment out of my bank for another months service they have never and cannot provide , anyone any ideas??? before I cancel my direct debit to make them take notice.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaints procedure

Do you have proof the complaint was sent? IE signed for delivery?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
NikTheGeek
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's crap for me in WN5

I "upgraded" from 50mb to 100mb which meant a new contract. Since the "upgrade" the speeds have been worse: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5464794656

I've complained for weeks and the last update was a fix for 14th September (fault: F004205474).

Today I phoned to cancel to be told I couldn't cancel without paying a £240 disconnection fee as I was in contract. I said I'd just cancel my direct debit then and they had the cheek to threaten me with a debt collecting agency if I did.

So crap speeds AND crap customer service!

I'm complaining to Ofcom as well as an official complaint to Virginmedia HQ.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If you are making a complaint then state it's an official complaint. Don't just start ranting and raving if you don't state it's an official complaint or else it won't be taken as one. If you have the means to record your conversation then do so and advise the agent you are. State the time/date as you do it.

As to OFCOM, they are toothless, go through CISAS for complaints, it may take 8 weeks or so but at least it will get things done.

NikTheGeek
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about CISAS, so I'll try that.

Nik

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

They have a complaint link on their help pages.  Go through that.  I've done the same for the same problem and eventually their written replies say we can leave with no fees due to the performance problems (high utilisation rubbish).  They're in breach of contract if your speeds are so slow.  It's that simple.  You can't be held to the contract.  Don't stop your direct debit though - get them to agree you can move.

0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You can make an official complaint in writing to VM via email
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/
Choose the topic 'Something else' then 'making a complaint' select 'email us'
Fill out the online form.

If there is no satisfactory outcome within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, or Virgin agree in writing before the eight weeks is up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, you can refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution by the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (“CISAS”)

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mollyted,

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you've been experiencing with us.

We do have a set complaints procedure and the letter you've written to us should be picked up and responded to shortly.

It may also be worth logging the complaint via our team just in case on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

I've managed to locate your account and there does seem to be a high demand for our service in your area.

I have flagged the fault on to your account, so that we know that you're also affected by this.

The current review date set under the ticket reference of F002896495, is 28th of September 2016. 

Another team member will be in contact as soon as possible via private message to discuss this further.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mollyted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to make an official complaint letter 7 weeks ago  NO REPLY I tried via email using the said procedure and after spending ages explaining my complaint via email the SUBMIT button would not work,  I rang 150  informed 'I wished to make a complaint' was passed from pillar to post and ended up with a girl in accounts??' I,m not kidding' she was asking me why had I been put through to her?  I WANT OUT I do not wish to be contracted to this company I have no patience left I tried watching a film last night streaming on my super super fast boadband it would not even attempt to play in 4K( bang goes my 2 grand tele)  the film buffered constantly in HD eventually it completely stopped? I WANT OUT WHAT CAN I DO I have already paid 10 months of an 18 month contract for a service I have NEVER been provided it must be illegal ? I provide a service in my job, if I took on a contract  to provide a service knowing that I could not provide but still charged for it the POLICE would be involved but because this is a multi Billion company its OK to steal, humiliate and frustrate your so called customers well I WANT OUT. its back on to 150 complaints what will happen this time ???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

You can always cancel your Direct debits BUT that can get VM sending debt collectors your way / ruining your credit score.

Have you tried the email system again? Pre write your complaint and copy and paste it into the form so it's doesn't risk time out or anything etc. At least once you've sent the email that can be the start of your 8 week complaint process, that you have proof of.

After 8 weeks you can get CISAS involved and they will likely rule in your favour.

0 Kudos