Menu
rongtw
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

complaint

Virgin Media Roll eyes  Daughter moved house yesterday Used to have a VM   TV / BB .

She rang last week to ask for house move , they said NO problems new house has a connection just a matter of switching it on yesterday Thumbs Up  all happy so far .

She rang me this morning ,, its not working can i have a look Ok i go to new house check all connections turn everything off , TV stuck on,,  Starting Up ,, Router light flashing mmmmmmmm Huh

Rang help line ,, was answered quite fast Smiley let me do some checks ,,,,,,,, it should be working she said its LIVE ??  no i told her .

More checks still no joy ,, let me transfer you to technical she said ,,,  Tech said re check cables power off for a few mins ,,,  Ok Still Nowt MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM she said i just sent a signal to boxes it should be ok she was a bit perplexed , She said cant get engineer till 21st , i said this is ridiculous   she said ok let me think ,,,, is router light still flashing , YUp i said .

Her answer was ok just leave it ON  for 30 mins see if it settles down ,, i will ring you back .

guess what i am still waiting Smiley

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint

hiya @rongtw welcome to the virginmedia community forum, could be issues with the connection internal/externally causing issues, reason for the free engineer, you could check to see if any earlier slots via guide -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=97832&CURRENT_... or could callback to see if any outages faults..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
rongtw
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well yesterday after being given the I dont know ?? from India , i was transferred to a UK center and a Pleasant Geordie Agent read through the notes ,

Said no point in me running through tests again , arranged a engineer today between 13.00 - 18.00

NOW thats what i call service !

0 Kudos
rongtw
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update , Engineer called today as requested Smiley Happy
Problem is Underground cable is damaged , now wait 10 days
0 Kudos
rongtw
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2 WEEKS NOW !!! still no connection no call or mail from VM no engineer visit Smiley Sad
Bet they still take months money out of bank tho
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rongtw

Thanks for dropping by and for joining us, and for posting about the complaint you have Smiley Sad

I am very sorry that the journey your daughter has had with us for her house move has not gone so well.

Could you please let us know if this has since been sorted by an engineer visit to correct the wiring issue?

If not if you could get back in touch with us so we can look at supporting you further.

Many thanks.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"