Menu
lynnep
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

claiming back over payment

hi I have downgraded my package. at the moment I am paying £114 but this will change to £38 on 30th jan but bill showing from 4th feb to 4th march it will still be  £114.... this being the  fact we pay a month in advance I have spoken to customer service who say it my account will be in credit don't want to pay for something I am not using so thinking of cancelling direct debit ..... just wondering what problems this will cause as once bill sorted I am quite happy to recommence direct debit at correct  amount

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: claiming back over payment

Yes it will cause problems if you just cancel it.

The way to resolve this will be to call Customer Services after the change has happened on the 30th, as it can be possible to alter a pending Direct Debit amount to take account of the credit on the account. This can't be done before the change as it hasn't happened yet!

Of course if your account does go in to credit the Direct Debit would automatically not be taken for any bill that was covered by the credit.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
lynnep
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok will leaving it till 31 and phone customers service and hopefully get it sorted
0 Kudos
lynnep
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well I didn't cancel my direct debt and once again another **bleep** up took £115 out of my account when it showed there was £105 credited !!!!!! so they should have only took £10 out....... rang them up you will have to claim it back from bank ... can you not refund my account no we could send you a cheque or you let it run and not pay anything for a few months. rang bank they said virgin media should be able to refund to my account, well looks like another virgin media adviser who does not know what they are doing ..... would I recommend virgin media NO  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lynnep

I appreciate the Direct Debit was taken on the due date for the original balance and this would be the case unless you rang us to discuss this as was advised by @BenMcr on the 29th Jan. If you rang us to arrange to change this then my apologies if this was not resolved for you.

This would have been dependent on the due date of the DD as to whether we would have been able to have amended this at the time.

Our process is, a bill is produced and the DD is fixed at that point. The DD does not amend to reflect changes that happen after the original bill date. If the money is debited as normal unless the customer calls us to see if the pending balance can be adjusted then the advance charges that are due to be credited then refund to the next statement for you.

I apologies that the money has now processed but the refund for advance charges on your account should not refund towards your next statement with us.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can support you with.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos