Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (138 Views)

cancelling process

[ Edited ]
I've now come to the end of my contract. I'm on the 50mbs broadband only deal. Virgin have been good tbh very stable. I now play ps4 play share with a friend and the 50mbs works but you can tell the speed can just about cope . I Contacted virgin via leaving process and they offered a few deals for the 150mbs and also a free upgrade for my current package + a new free superhub. Sadly the price wasn't good enough because previously they increased the charge mid contract on my privous contact. So I don't really want to be told a high price then the increasing the price mid contract. The guy tried everything to keep my custom but it just come down to them not agreeing to a price I was happy paying he said his hands were tied when it comes to price. I've gave them 30 days notice of cancellation. Is it the disconnections team that can only negotiate when it comes to price to keep a customer? Are disconnections a different team from who you call to cancel?

Thanks for reading
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 9 (131 Views)

Re: cancelling process

If you didn't speak to the retentions team on options 1,4,5 (thinking of leaving) you won't have got the best deal of the day going when you called to cancel.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9 (128 Views)

Yeah that's the options I choose when calling. Sounds like he offered his best.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 9 (120 Views)

chris1804 wrote:
Yeah that's the options I choose when calling. Sounds like he offered his best.

there is a team behind them that may get in touch - you cannot contact them afaik so sit back and wait - at worst nothing happens and you go to a new provider but worth leaving signing up to any one else for a while 

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 9 (112 Views)

I just called them to get some more info regarding my usage etc. This guy tried to flog me tv,phone etc. Load of rubbish tbh. Tbh I was paying £21.24 for just broadband (50mbs) but contracts just gone up so it's £29 for this extra month for the 30 day cancel process. Ideally I want 100mbs but want 150mbs when the upgrade is available for around £30 max . Well see what happens. Virgin have been very good for stability. In my current address I've had it for 3 years and it's only dropped 3 times due to maintenance. Phone line broadband isn't worth thinking imo
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 9 (109 Views)

the free upgrades will not kick in if you change your contract - so going to 100 will be just that - 50 would have gone to 70

150 is not a standard tariff so your choice will be 100 or 200 if you want higher speeds - no real idea on costs but i think 100 will be around £35 - maybe a little less - leave it and see if they come back

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9 (100 Views)

Thanks guys for replys.
I have looked at BT they have a 52MB/s (not what I wanted really but for the price)

It's £29.99, 12 month contract. £59.99 up front cost . With a £200 gift card. Works out £18.33 a month wich could be ok for price. I'll see if virgin calls
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 9 (97 Views)

like VM the best deals are for new customers locking you into a years contract - the silly thing is if you change your package with VM you are back in a yesrs contract - but that is the business model of them all - if 50 meg is enough then go with BT - then change on a yearly cycle

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 9 (61 Views)

Result. Had a call today off virgin ( was expecting them to call lol) got a good deal so I'm happy more so my son is
0 Kudos