Menu
sarahnaji91
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

cancelling account

I need to cancel my grandmothers account with you as she passed away last week. when i call, the automated person tells me a payment needs to be paid which is fine but i need to speak to an actual person which it wont let me do. i live an hour away from her house so i cant just pop over and ring from her house phone. cant get through on the chat either so could someone call me? i really need to get this sorted for obvious reasons. 

thanks, sarah

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling account

Ive flagged this for staff to contact you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling account

Hi Sarah

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums about your grandmothers account and my sincere condolences on your loss.

I am not too sure which particular options you dialled in with when you contacted us via 0345 454 1111 but if you are to call the team via that number and then choose option 4 then option 5 you will get through to an agent in our retentions team who will be able to then begin the process for you to arrange to close your grandmothers account for you.

Their opening hours currently are

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm;
Sat 8am-6pm.

If it's possible at this difficult time if you could please try to contact them during those hours on those options and they will be more than happy to help you get this sorted.

Please let us know if you need us for anything else.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"