Menu
davejdeady
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cancellation within 14day cooling off period

Hi,

I decided to cancel my Virgin Media bundle because the one thing i really wanted (the phone service) hadn't been set up. I did call many many many times to try and get this sorted but in the end just decided to cancel. 

So - yesterday i was effectively hung up on by to virgin customer service reps - Tim and Keith. Eventually i got a hold of another customer service rep called Glen who, despite his best efforts to keep me, assured me that my account would be cancelled within 24 hours and pre paid packaging to return the kit would be sent out. 

The only issue i had was he was unable to provide me with any kind of verification of the conversation (lasted over 20 min - the guy clearly didn't want me to cancel). All he could tell me was that at some point today the services that i have (TV and Broadband) will just stop and within a few days (3-4) i should receive return packaging. 

However, seems like a lot of people on here have had problems returning kit and closing accounts. Has anyone else ever cancelled and been given any kind of verification numbers or references? I don't want to go through another 20min phone call with virgin! One a week is enough for anyone i think. 

Cheers for any help/advice/similar experiences you can provide to reassure me that virgin (Glen) will do as they promised on the phone last night. 
Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation within 14day cooling off period

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave us so soon after being installed. 

Usually you can find confirmation within My Virgin Media but being such a new customer, you may not of had time to set that up yet. 

Since posting, have your services gone off? 

If you've not received your returns pack within 7 days then pop back and let us know and we'll arrange for a replacement to be sent our for you Smiley Happy 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

davejdeady
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No - the services are still active despite the fact ive been trying to close my account since saturday night. I spoke to Paul Gibson last night who also confirmed that the services should have stopped and there was a work order to disconnect but its still working!!!!

Paul emailed me directly and today ive provided him with 2 screen grabs from the website - one shows the disconnection order (taken last night - Tuesday the 8th) but the one i took today doesnt!!

Something wrong with your systems i think. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davejdeady, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Checking the account I can see the disconnection has been re-raised for you to ensure things cancel down. 

I can confirm that you won't be charged anything more than you should be due to the mistake in cancelling the services down. Any charges incurred for the daily services past your original disconnection date will be credited back to you. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

davejdeady
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,
As im withing the 14 day coolling off period Paul Gibson advised me that there are no charges associated with the account.

Im hopeful that the disconnection will indeed take place today and I will receive the pre-labeled packaging and i can get the equipment back to you this weekend.

Thanks
David
0 Kudos
davejdeady
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks again for getting back to me the other day.

I can confirm as of this morning the Virgin services have all been cancelled and my online account indicates that it will be closed in the next 90 days. All services have been disconnected and i can now confirm that my Tivo box and router are no longer able to connect to any service (the phone service never worked)

So, hopefully i will received the pre-labelled packaging today and get it down to my local collect + point tomorrow morning. 

Thanks again and it you could confirm that the packaging has been sent out that would be most appreciated.

Best regards

David

0 Kudos
Fulhamfan01
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My mum had vigin come round for a week ago to supply her with a TV box and to put the box outside and inside the house. Ever since she has been left with no home phone the box they fitted inside the house needs to be moved as it will get in the way of the through the floor lift she has installed she is paying for services she isn't getting and has been told to wait another week. She hasbt been given any paperwork or a accpunt number. Having no home phone she can't even ring them to cancel it. Bloody ridiculous to think she left sky for this appaling service
0 Kudos