Menu
jd55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cancelation and bills

hi ive just received a bill from vm of £149 for oct/nov even though I gave 30 days notice to cancel 20th sept and all services were going to be turned off by 20th oct I paid my oct bill on the 28th and was told this would be my last bill and they would owe me £18 I phned vm today and was told that the account was not closed because sky had requested I keep my phone number and they hadn't cancelled this request so virgin couldn't close the account so the woman from vm closed the phone account and said they would send me an email for what I owe do I have to pay this even though I cancelled my package

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelation and bills

The error in that case was neither on your side or VM's, but Sky's for putting that request through that you didn't want. However, if you've been using the services post the given disconnect date then it would be a bit of a tough case to get resolved.  If you haven't been using the services post given disconnection date and VM won't waive the charge, I suppose you could pay and ask Sky to refund you for their error?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jd55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I stopped using the vm phone tv and broadband when sky was activated a week before vm tuned of my services sky says i should only be charged line rental at the most and if i get a bill from vm they will give me this back so thanks for your reply gonna ring vm nowto see what they say

jd55
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

update just been on vm chat vm said my account was sett to be cancelled on the 13th sept but the cacellation was cancelled until 15th nov and I now owed £309 £240 being cancellation fee (which I wasn't in contract ) then vm said they would waiver the £240 off my bill and I owed £69 a months bill I questioned why I owed that and he said its nov months bill I questioned who gave vm the right to cancel my cancellation request and he wouldn't answer I also asked why do I have to pay nov bill when I paid my last bill in oct and was told id have £18 cheque to come back so he said he would waiver that too even though I didn't owe it in the first place so now hes saying I don't owe anything vm needs to get there act together he didn't like it when I told him ive got a deal with sky £16 31 through carephone warehouse

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know how it went, it was unfortunate that it got so convoluted to begin with Cat Sad

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos