Menu
desmo666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can it be so difficult to upgrade a contract phone

Ok, will try to keep it short.....9am sunday   daughter wants an iphone, i need an upgrade on my old nokia. Virgin keep asking me to upgrade , I contact relevant dept and enquire on best phone/deal, ok sorted want to purchase and upgrade, sorry sir you need sales, ok start again, explain again and they say can not upgrade from sales....we seem to be going around in circles....several I will pass you to someone who can scenarios, several dropped calls, eventually 3 hours later someone says a manager will call back at 14.30 as no one should have to wait so long when trying to facilitate what should be an easy transaction.

No one calls back.....I wait and wait and eventually call back at 15.30-45ish, I am losing the will to live and eventually get someone in the same dept I first tried who said certainly sir, we can do that.

contracts are emailed and I promptly digitally sign and return...invoice states phones to be delivered next day.....arrange for daughter to stay home and await delivery (she is 18). Nothing arrives and no further communication......contact virgin again to be told sorry sir I signed after a 18.45 cut off for next day delivery (this was never mentioned or explained ).

I am left saddened, upset, angry and luckily within a 14 cooling off period.

The call centres are so terribly bad, I don`t blame the guys and girls working there, but the minimum should be an ability to communicate and a knowledge of the product, neither was evident. I expect when something is agreed it is done, I would , but that seems to slide too.

Unfortunately rather than helping a customer that you had for many years make a not inconsiderable purchase of two high end phones and contracts, you managed to alienate them so much I am seriously looking elsewhere.

not sure what can be done to help but I may feel better having got it off my chest so to speak.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: can it be so difficult to upgrade a contract phone

Hi desmo666,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. We are really disappointed to hear we have fallen short of your expectations as a customer; rest assured the feedback you have provided will be raised with the relevant areas of the business to help improve the quality of our service.

Have you received your order? Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
desmo666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

yes I received my order, it was a day late and I wanted to cancel but a very persuasive lady got me to give it a go and see how it went in the 14 days cooling off period.She also promised that no further faults would happen.

Next day got an invoice for the phone contracts as expected, but with incorrect details and charges on them......another phone call and another person to explain it all too and the invoice was resubmitted correctly.

The phones are good, the service (coverage etc ) acceptable and the contract costs are not the cheapest but the customer service has got to be the worlds worst and I keep asking myself why am I still with virgin, simple answer is I must be daft.

I have bent over backwards to help and facilitate this contract, and with all the errors after errors and being passed from pillar to post all I got was £2 off, that really made me feel appreciated and a happy customer.

yours

a not so happy customer

stuart  AKA desmo666

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that there has been further problems with your order/contract. 

If you have any other issues with your service, please let the Forum Team know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos