Menu
Toby2001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

anyone know of a reduction for OAP on landline charges CAP?

I have tried on several occasions to have my landline taken off, my neighbour hasn't one at all, but told it was part of my package, however heard that there is a landline reduction CAP for over 70yrs old has anyone any info on this please?

Anything would be a bonus especially when we have been with Virgin for over 10 yrs and our phone is hardly ever used both of us having mobile phones.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: anyone know of a reduction for OAP on landline charges CAP?

Read this press release from VM which answers the question unambiguously. The freeze on line rental charges for the over 65s applies to accounts which are phone only. If you have other services you are outside scope of the offer.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-freezes-line-rental-fo...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Toby2001 wrote:

I have tried on several occasions to have my landline taken off, my neighbour hasn't one at all, but told it was part of my package, however heard that there is a landline reduction CAP for over 70yrs old has anyone any info on this please?

Anything would be a bonus especially when we have been with Virgin for over 10 yrs and our phone is hardly ever used both of us having mobile phones.

Removing the landline will likely not make your package any cheaper due to how the multiple service discount works, i'm not aware of anything specifically aimed at older customers either

Magic66
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toby2001,

I understand your issue - I used to have a package containing Broadband, Landline and TiVo.

I then decided that after years of having a landline (collecting dust along with unwanted spam callers) I wanted to get rid of it and was told that my monthly rate would actually 'increase'.  I then re-considered my TiVo box (after having it for a couple of years) and ended up dropping my package to 50Mbps Broadband only.

What other services do you have as part of your package?

The only place I ever saw where you could get a landline reduction was with BT (and even then, their are a number of Terms & Conditions that apply).

Magic66

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Read this press release from VM which answers the question unambiguously. The freeze on line rental charges for the over 65s applies to accounts which are phone only. If you have other services you are outside scope of the offer.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-freezes-line-rental-fo...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Toby2001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks
0 Kudos