Menu
Jamie1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You put someone elses defaulted account on MY credit report!

So i am wanting to make you aware that Virgin Media as a company have ruined my little girls first Christmas and mine and my wife's as first time parents!

You have put someone elses defaulted account on my credit report which has made my credit rating drop for 600 to 243 which means i can now no longer have the loan that i was in the process of getting to get my wife her first car or to make sure my daughter has the best first Christmas, too make things worse when i called YOUR customer services I was told to send an email that it would be fixed in 28 days which is 14 days too late for me to get any present and when i tried to explain what your actions had resulted in... I was told that my daughters Christmas was not an issue of Virgin Media's!

I dont understand how a company that prides itself on customer relations and being part of a family environment can say that my child and wife happiness being ruined as a direct result of YOUR actions is not your concern. I'm supposed to be getting a phone call today confirming that this record has been removed from my credit file which is good but fundamentally the damage has been done as it will take 28 days for my score to reset.

I dont know how you can find this justifiable I am appalled and plan to take this to any media outlet that will listen to ensure that no one makes the same mistake i did in using your services for over 10 years to be repaid like this....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: You put someone elses defaulted account on MY credit report!

hiya @Jamie1985 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, sadly not much can be done via the forum community due to issue of Data Protection, best having a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they should pass you onto the credit file dept.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Jamie1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I tried this and was told that its not virgin medias problem..... 

0 Kudos
Jamie1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SO received my phone call to be told it is out of Virgins hands.... this is appalling I've decided to put this to the Sunday Times and their finacial section to see what advise that can issue when they print the story... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You don't actually say what has happened and why Virgin Media are saying it's not their responsibility.

Without that information, no-one can comment on the rights or wrongs of the situation you find yourself in.

0 Kudos
Jamie1985
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wont disclose names in reference to the person who they have put on my credit file but what i can say is that Virgin Media have placed someone elses name who i have no association with there is no relation the only common detail between us is that they live or lived in a shared house that i use too 4 years ago. 

They have put this persons default on my Experian Credit file which has dropped my credit score from its original 630 to 263 meaning I am unable to apply for any credit.. at this point i couldn't apply for a mobile phone as a result of this action. I have asked them to please remove this person from my credit report and to do so soon so i can get my loan to be able to buy my daughter and wife their xmas presents. 

The latest update from them is that this is not their problem when clearly given it has their name along side a former customer of theirs including account details on my credit report.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not clear to me how Virgin Media knew your name to make this association.

If you had no contact with Virgin Media when you shared a house with their (defaulting) customer and you have not (ever) been a customer then only your ex-housemate could have (fraudulently) made this association.

0 Kudos
Jamie1985
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I used to live at that address and I am currently a customer and have been for almost 8 years now, I moved out of that address in November 2012 and this new account was opened in September 2016 and is not associated in anyway with me it is an error on their part and they seem unwilling to resolve it its clear it is there error and 2 of their managers have confirmed this however they simply seem to deem this as not there concern or problem

Also to clarify he is not an ex house mate of mine I have never met this person i haven't been back to the property in 4 years 

0 Kudos
Outlaw-Boater
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Having had, and resolved similar issues in the past, my advice is to build the best record of events as possible. Regrettably that means paying for some stuff that really ought to be free.

Submit a Subject Access Request to VM; it may cost up to £10, but they must provide it and it will reveal everything they know about you. They must correct any errors. This is a job for their compliance team, not Customer Services per se, so exercise your right to submit the request in writing and receive a written reply.

This is equally as likely a **bleep** up by the credit reference agencies. Invest the £1 iirc to get them to provide your full credit record, you can then have them correct incorrect data.

This is tedious and costs you money it morally shouldn't, but will put you in a strong position for subsequent investigation from the relevant ombudsmen, and any claim for losses you may wish to make.

(My case with the credit agencies involved alleged co-habitation with a pensioner in sheltered accommodation due to not very similar addresses getting mixed up)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamie1985, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear about this. 

We're not able to make any amendments via the Community however you can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

In terms of having someone connected to you financially, it would be up to The Credit Reference Agencies such as Experian and or Equifax to resolve this. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos