Menu
Devonhopeful
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Postcode on Cable My Street

As Virgin is now available to houses on the other side of the road from us I want to register my interest to get the service.   However, once I enter my postcode of TQ3 3JX I am directed to a page that registers my interest at SB16 6BJ which is in Bedfordshire, not Devon!  I am now getting emails telling me it's coming to my area...  How can I register with the correct postcode?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Postcode on Cable My Street

Hi Devonhopeful, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

If you go to the Cable My Street website, enter in the correct postcode and instead of selecting an address, click on the 'Enter Address manually' instead. 

This should allow you to insert the correct street details Smiley Happy

If you're still having an issue after doing this, pop back and let us know so we can look in to this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Devonhopeful
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, that worked!  Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Kadapauk
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have similar problem too. I have tried entering my postcode on cable my street only to come up with wrong address. I have entered my address details manually and was told I will get a reply in 5 working days and it has been nearly 4 weeks with no reply. I am getting emails saying it is coming to my area. How do I register with correct postcode( already tried manual option)? How do I know when it will be available in my area? 

Also tried calling customer care who were not very helpful and dismissed my query.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kadapauk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Once you're registered on Cable My Street, the only emails you would get are the update ones so based on what you've said in your post, you've already registered correctly. Smiley Happy

More often than not, the 'Coming to your Area' emails mean there isn't as much interest as we'd like. Get any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same link and this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos