Menu
Jakabi
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow - Existing customer + new contract + terrible customer services = All services now cancelled!

Just got off the phone to upgrades and disconnections to sort the mess of a new contract out. Ended up cancelling everything through sheer frustration ... and the guy didn't even make an attempt to keep my business. A short history ...

1. Friday 14th Oct - Upgraded
  2. Saturday 15th Oct - Contract arrives ... but with some issues
    1. Contract states 18 months - We only talked about 12 months on the phone and an 18 month contract was never mentioned or discussed.
    2. Contract states that after 12 months the price nearly doubles - Again never mentioned once by the sales guy
    3. BT Sports free for 6 months - Found out that I would start being billed automatically after the free period unless I ring to cancel it - Again never mentioned by the sales guy.
  3. Saturday 15th Oct - I promptly call up Virgin to explain, they agree from the notes that it looks like we were talking about a 12 month contract and not an 18 month contract. They tell me the contract can't be amended but a manager can send me an email to confirm. I wasn't happy about signing a contract that was wrong but thought it should be ok once I get the email
  4. 25th Oct (10 days later) - Still no email, so I call up yet again ...
    1. Explain that I've had no email to confirm anything and I can't sign a contract that is wrong
    2. I explain that since my speed increase, my night time speed has fell through the floor and we are no longer able to stream HD content, yet everything was perfectly fine before the upgrade a week ago
    3. I ask if I can go back down to the lower speed when we didn't have an issue and he tells me its going to be more expensive!?!
    4. So I say well your website says new customers can get it significantly cheaper than what i'm paying so would I be better to cancel and have my partner set an account up in her name
    5. He says that fine, but then borderline threatens me about setting a contract up under 'false pretenses'!!!!!! WAIT ??? HANG ON A MINUTE ??? ... you have just sold me a contract under false pretenses by trying to tie me into a contract I never agreed to! That's why I'm on the phone trying to sort it out!
    6. I get annoyed, tell him to cancel everything, he obliges without any further discussion (guess there was no commission in this call for him)

I can get Sky & Infinity here so its no such a big deal.

Virgin Media - Hope you read this and learn from it before you unnecessarily push more of your loyal customers away!

[MOD EDIT: bad language has been removed. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wow - Existing customer + new contract + terrible customer services = All services now cancelled!

I can guess that any minute now a moderator will be along to amend your post for bad language but no-one will answer it from VM.

0 Kudos
Jakabi
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wow - Existing customer + new contract + terrible customer services = All services now cancelled!

Thanks, amended
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wow - Existing customer + new contract + terrible customer services = All services now cancel...

Hi Jakabi,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. 

Depending on the circumstances you gave as to why you wanted to cancel would depend on how we proceed with the call. More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. 

I can only apologise that the service you've received so far hasn't been the best either. I wish it was something we could amend and sort from here however we're not able to. You'll need to give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Come back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jakabi
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wow - Existing customer + new contract + terrible customer services = All services now cancel...

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply. I was a happy customer in general and the actual service has been pretty good on the whole. Virgin have done the hard work by getting my custom, like any business, so I don't understand why when there is an issue it's dealt with so poorly.

The worst part of this was the feeling of being misled by your 'Upgrades' team. I wasn't lied to, I simply wasn't told all the facts, important facts I might add like the total cost of the contract being £426.00 more over the term. I bet this tactic works in a lot of cases with customers signing contracts they never verbally agreed to, but I'm not one of those customers. Maybe this is down to a few 'bad apples' in the team or simply how Virgin sales commission works? I don't know.

Unfortunately, I refuse to call back and play Russian roulette with the team member I get assigned to. Maybe I'll call back and get the same guy I spoke to last time who obviously couldn't care less if I stayed or left. If someone wants to call me then fine, I'm happy to have a conversation. Hopefully, it will be someone like you who seems to care. Virgin Media definitely need more Kath's!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jakabi, 

Thanks for your great comments but trust me, I can be more than enough for the guys here to handle. I am a total klutz and give Blonde's a bad name Smiley Wink

If calling is completely off the table, try speaking to the via Web Chat instead. They may be able to help instead Smiley Happy You can reach them here: Web Chat Just follow the options for  Account and Billing > Manage your account online > Chat online. 

Keep me posted on this one Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jakabi
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks again for the reply. I wanted to update this thread because there have been developments, some good, some bad ...

• Thurs 3rd Nov (approx. 12pm) - Retentions called me and we worked out a new deal to get my custom back. David (from retentions) said I should get a new contract confirming everything in 24-48 hours and he will email me directly so I have his details for any issues. Felt quite happy after this call.
  • Fri 4th Nov (approx. 6pm) - TV channels not updated so called the retentions number back ... but it tells you to contact 150. Called 150, on hold for 10-15 mins, spoke to a nice helpful guy (Andy?) there who got my package upgraded. BUT he had to adjust the pricing BACK to full price because he didn't have authority to set the pricing retentions had agreed. Couldn't talk to retentions because they had gone home. Said he would email David directly and I should hear back Mon/Tues this week.
  • Tues 8th Nov - Heard nothing, called 150 again. Spoke to another nice helpful lady called Kerryanne (I think), who said no discounts had been applied, she cant do anything so she would escalate it to another team and I should get a call in 24 hours.
  • Thurs 10th Nov (12pm) - Not heard anything, no calls, no emails, no updated contract

Is there anything you can do to help to get this resolved once and for all? It shouldn't be this hard surely?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jakabi, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I really wish there was something we could do via the forums but we're not able to which is why I gave you other contact details. 

Give the team one more try and let me know how it goes. If you follow the options for leaving us, then this should get you through to the team you need to speak to without the need of being transferred. 

Keep me posted. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I really feel for this guy. I was a strong supporter of virgin. Had a great service for years. Sadly, somewhere in the last few years changes have been made to cripple CS and especially their moral. No longer do long term customers feel good striking another 12 month deal. Instead, small problems quickly become massive annoying issue. Such a simple issue, tarnishes the experience and simply gets your goat.

I'm waiting in another thread for my return cardboard boxes. I've already made a phone call. If the forum post fails to remedy the situation then I'll just bin bag the lot.
0 Kudos