Menu
Levatam
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Worst Experience Ever

Hi, 

For a very long time I have used TV, Broadband and Phone services; plus, mobile under another account number. I have always liked and used virgin services.

In the last couple of months I have experienced the worst service ever, from a provider.

I rang up a few months ago to reduce my TV/Broadband/Phone package, explaining to the lady that I was away from home quite often and didn't make enough use of it.

I was told that I could only reduce it slightly if I wanted to stay in my existing contract. I was given the option to reduce my package significantly, but that would enter me into a new minimum term. I explained that I did not want a new contract and the lady told me she would reduce my package slightly and keep me in the existing contract. She put this down on the case notes.

A month or so later I found the time to check my package and instantly realised something wasn't right. I rang up and spoke to someone who told me I had recently agreed to a new contract and that is why my service was different. I explained why this was a mistake. The advisor checked the notes and acknowledged that there had been a mistake made by Virgin. They explained to me that my old contract had been cancelled because I had agreed to a new term (which we both agreed I had never done). The nature of the call then turned really bad.

Instead of accepting Virgins error and resolving the issue the advisor questioned me as to why I didn't cancel within the cancelation period. I explained that I was away for a significant period of time and that I was not expecting to receive a new contract from Virgin. I was then told that although the case notes confirm I never agreed to a new contract, they couldn't do anything about it. Obviously, I asked to speak to someone who could; to which they replied, "there is no one here that can help you". I was told that it would need to be investigated and that someone would contact me with a resolution. No one ever has!

I told the advisor that seeing as they confirmed Virgin had cancelled my old contract, and also confirmed that I had not agreed to the new contract, I was not under contract! I said that while it was being looked into I will not be making any payments for the service. 

Shortly after, I realised that for a while I was being charged more than double my monthly contract due to "premium rate text messages". This money was being taken at the request of a 3rd party, and Virgin would happily charge me for it. I had never made an agreement with any 3rd party and requested my money back. Virgin refused to do this so I reported the issue to my bank. The bank regarded this to be authorized activity and contact Virgin. I made sure that I explained to my bank the difference between the amount I agreed to pay and the amount I had not.

While waiting for someone to get back to me about my TV bundle my phone service was suspended. I received letters instantly about outstanding payments. I phoned up to speak to someone about this and they told me I had missed payments for consecutive months. This was clearly a lie because I’m sure virgin wouldn’t have allowed me to use the service if I was not paying for it.

Now my TV/Broadband/Landline package has gone down and I have been sent a letter requesting payment for the outstanding balance, plus late payment fees. (Still no one has called me back in regards to my complaint).

Virgin are so quick to request money from me and threaten me with debt collectors but not one person has decided to address my complaints. I will not pay for a contract that I did not agree to until you can prove that I did, in fact, agree to it. My signature exists on no paper and there is no phone call recording of me doing so. As for my mobile, I was clearly a victim of fraud, which Virgin advocated. If someone owes that money to the company, it is not me. The issue needs to be taken up by your fraud/profit protection team.

After all of this I do not want to be associated with Virgin or use any of their services ever again. If someone wants to address these issues I will be happy to speak to you, but I feel the damage is irreversible at this point. You can send me as many threatening letters as you wish, I will take this case as far as its needed. This is undoubtedly the worst service I’ve ever received.

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst Experience Ever

Response time on here is around a week ATM so please realise staff are not ignoring your missive.

FYI Ive removed your duplicate post

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Levatam,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having getting things sorted. 

Checking over the notes on the system it looks as though we have offered to revert you back to the old contract. I can see the agent who initially changed your package left noted to suggest no new contract would be entered in to so because of that, we're happy to remove the new term. 

However, the contract you were already in still had time left on it. You would still be in contract with us even if you hadn't changed your package. Due to this we wouldn't be able to remove the contract completely. 

In order for your services to be restored, you would need to make full payment for any premiums owed to us too. 

With regards to the Mobile side of things, this will need to be dealt with by the Mobile team. You can either speak to them on 789 / 0345 600 0789 or you can wait for one of the team to come back to you here. I have assigned this thread over to the Mobile board.

Apologies, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Levatam,

Kath has passed this over to me so that I can look into your complaint about the premium rate text charges.

I can see that your complaint was escalated to our Fraud team and the charges have been investigated. Call backs have been attempted by a manager, however, we only have the mobile contact number for you and are unable to get in touch with you.

If you would like to discuss the specifics of this investigation, you will need to call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). 
Kind regards,
Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos