Menu
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Will i get the free upgrade to vivid 200 if i have as discount?

Hello all,

In the L10 area and i'm currently on 152MB (well thats my package but utilsation issues in my area are through the roof- thats another point)

It says on my account i'll get a free upgrade to vivid 200 in december 2016 (i know this is just a loose date)

But yet i've been told by several people i will not get the free upgrade as i have discounts on my account currently. People on the help line have mentioned i'd need to move to vivid 200 to get the discounted v6 box. When i have mentioned i thought I would get moved there for free shortly i've not really had a clear answer.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will i get the free upgrade to vivid 200 if i have as discount?

djr_uk wrote:

It says on my account i'll get a free upgrade to vivid 200 in December 2016 (i know this is just a loose date) But yet I've been told by several people i will not get the free upgrade as i have discounts on my account currently.
As long as you're still eligible for the free speed upgrade you can get it. An active discount won't affect eligibility. For example, I had 50Mb with a loyalty discount, I free speed upgraded to 70Mb and had a new loyalty discount applied. In general, the free speed upgrade changes nothing on the account billing wise, so your current discount and monthly bill and current contract wouldn't change.

People on the help line have mentioned i'd need to move to vivid 200 to get the discounted v6 box.
Being on certain bundle types does cheapen the cost of the V6, but if you do a bundle upgrade then you won't be eligible for a free speed upgrade and what you pay monthly will change, plus a new 12 month contract.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

How would i know if im eligible for a free upgrade?

I havent changed my bundle but have been sent out a new superhub which started a new 12 month contract.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

djr_uk wrote:

How would i know if im eligible for a free upgrade?
It says it when you sign into My VM http://virg.co/myVM (with your primary account) - but you've already seen that you're eligible as you stated above "It says on my account i'll get a free upgrade to vivid 200 in december 2016"

The high utilization issue in your part of the network means that the free speed upgrade won't be available until the utilization issue is fixed. So I guess it comes down to how badly you want the V6 at a discounted cost. Customers on the VIP bundle get the best V6 upgrade prices, with Full House 200 customers getting the second best upgrade pricing. You could upgrade to either of those at any time from your current bundle, get a new loyalty discount along with it, plus V6 at a cheaper cost and maybe even a free gift.

I havent changed my bundle but have been sent out a new superhub which started a new 12 month contract.
Kit upgrades do recontract the customer for a 12 month period, so that's normal

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.