Menu
Tk1876
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is there always a problem?

I am constantly getting problems with my on demand service not working and my internet constantly going offline. I am paying over £127 a month for this service and most of the time I cannot use some or all of it. I've been away for a couple days and come back to some programs not being recorded and my catch up and on demand not working at all. My internet is supposed to be top of the range fibre optic but never gets anywhere near the speeds it's supposed to be and at least once a week goes off line for a few hours at least. I'm going to end up going back to sky at this rate as I will get better broadband even without fibre optic like my neighbour does and a cheaper package with a free tv or something else as a bonus. Please sort this out.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is there always a problem?

Just a quick note - it's not fibre optic all the way. No provider has a mass Fibre optic network to the customer (except hyperoptic who have a very small network)

It's all Fibre to a point, and then cooper coax from there, the issues start from there really.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Fowlesco
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tk1876 wrote:
I am constantly getting problems with my on demand service not working and my internet constantly going offline. I am paying over £127 a month for this service and most of the time I cannot use some or all of it. I've been away for a couple days and come back to some programs not being recorded and my catch up and on demand not working at all. My internet is supposed to be top of the range fibre optic but never gets anywhere near the speeds it's supposed to be and at least once a week goes off line for a few hours at least. I'm going to end up going back to sky at this rate as I will get better broadband even without fibre optic like my neighbour does and a cheaper package with a free tv or something else as a bonus. Please sort this out.

0 Kudos
Fowlesco
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I agree I pay over £145 per month and on 3 occasions I've asked if I get a refund when I'm not receiving what I'm paying for and 3 times I've been told yes you will.....never happened.  I've been with these since diamond cable over 20 years and considering sky.

tonight an example, TiVo OD again not working, remote stopped working, virgin to anywhere remote app not working and even on the website I see several oooops somethings broke messages ......for goodness sake sort it out.  Needless to say any app, tab or button where I can upgrade something to pay more than £145 per month is rapid ultimate speed.  ☹️😡

0 Kudos