Menu
itscris
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is making contact virtually impossible?

I had decided to enroll with Virgin from SKY but now have serious doubts because they have spelt my name incorrectly on all documents and messages yet they expect me to sign a contract using that incorrect name.

I have tried time and time again to contact them but the constant message is " all of our agents are busy, try again during our opening times". All calls were attempted during the opening times so what is the problem? Do they want new custom or not?

Being honest this is very worst customer service I have ever encountered!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is making contact virtually impossible?

itscris wrote:

I had decided to enroll with Virgin from SKY but now have serious doubts because they have spelt my name incorrectly on all documents and messages yet they expect me to sign a contract using that incorrect name.

I have tried time and time again to contact them but the constant message is " all of our agents are busy, try again during our opening times". All calls were attempted during the opening times so what is the problem? Do they want new custom or not?

Being honest this is very worst customer service I have ever encountered!

Just wait on the line, you'll get through eventually, ring during off-peak hours and you'll experience less of a queue

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi itscris.

You probably wouldn't get very far dealing with the offshore call centres anyway.  I would recommend calling the UK based Retentions Team during normal office hours.  It's 150 on a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 on any other phone then follow the prompts to 'Thinking of leaving us' which should be 1  >  4  >  5.  This team can deal with a whole lot more than just retentions.  Good luck.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
itscris
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, the post has been today and still no mail from Virgin.

Only option left to me now is to remain with Sky who at least have an active call centre which does respond.

ByeBye Virgin, The cancellation letters and the unsigned contract is now in the post by Recorded Delivery! You area waste of space and do not deserve any customers at all.

At least I have learned a valuable lesson in that Virgin could not tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi itscris, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if you have decided on to continue on your journey with Virgin Media at this time. 

Mistakes such as this can happen but it is rare. When they do happen we ask that you give us a call so we can correct things for you. Did you give us a call? The team can be reached on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

If leaving us is what you want, be sure to let the team know so you don't incur any charges. 

Let us know which way you decide to go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
itscris
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply but the reason I decided NOT to sign or take up any contract with Virgin Media was because of the long delays in respond times and that all of my calls were apparently handled by absolutely useless customer service advisor/s probably based in an out of UK location.

I have decided to remain with Sky because they have more than matched your offer and also because their customer service center's are based in the UK!

BYE

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi itscris, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley Happy 

We have got UK centres in Scotland, England and Wales. There are some Offshore centres but this is to help support our customers during the times they need it most. 

It's great that Sky have been able to match our offer and we wish you all the best. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
itscris
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

At least I was able to prevent many more local people who had expressed an interest to also abandon their applying for the service by showing them the documentation and message history I had on file from my unpleasant experience with the Virgin Teams. Busy periods you say? I tried at all hours and even during the night so that explanation id pure waffle!

Goodbye Virgin, I hope you learn from this debacle and the loss of so many subscribers you could have had should my experience have been pleasurable.

0 Kudos