Menu
Property_guy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin Media customer service so bad?

Why is Virgin so appalling at dealing with its customers?  I have had 4 accounts across a number of properties for years and although the sales people are good, the products are good, when things so wrong the customer service level is shockingly poor.

It is not acceptable in this age to be left on hold for over 10 minutes when you ring to make a complaint.  This just rubs salt in the wound, and hits you when you already have negative feelings about the company.  Everyone who has done week 1 of a low level service providers course knows this, so why do Virgin always get this simple thing so very wrong every time?  Why do they put people in the call centres who speak little English and who have a poor grasp of what they are doing? 

If I call any other company to get a quote for additional services they don't change my service levels and charge me more without my agreement.  They don't say "tough luck, you can't change back" when you call to complain.

It is the level of competency of the customer service staff that would worry me if I was a Virgin shareholder.  People like me will not put up with appalling service any more.  They will complain loudly on multi-media platforms and then move their business elsewhere.

Virgin - you must do MUCH better in future.  A good product in not good enough when it is back by crap service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin Media customer service so bad?

Hi Property_guy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board even though the circumstances are less then great. 

We would love to be able to offer no wait times however sometimes there will be times when we are busier then we were expecting. If calling is not something you want to do, you're welcome to seek help here or via our Online Chat option. 

What were you calling to complain about? Can we help instead? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alovella
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

answer, sales people do give good service because they want your money. After they got you on board, they don't care after. At least richard branson can then rub his hands with glee after enjoying his extra income from you .

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

alovella wrote:

answer, sales people do give good service because they want your money. After they got you on board, they don't care after. At least richard branson can then rub his hands with glee after enjoying his extra income from you .

How many times does it need to be said in these forums ... Richard Branson does not own Virgin Media and would get no 'extra income', he merely licences the use of the Virgin name.  Virgin Media is owned by an American Company called Liberty Global ... they are the ones trousering your cash.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
fallout4
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

service is so bad instated of trying to help with my account they just closed it down only been with them 6 days and they had already messed up

Well this is what happen on the 22/5/17 I was on there there website looking at what they had to offer when there web chat came up need any help so clicked it and ask what deals they had as was thinking of joining them they then came back and said im glad you are looking to join us you want regret it I told him that was looking for fast broadband and anytime calls they then came back I said I have an offer for you only if you take it out now I can give you 100MB broadband anytime calls and free TV plus £50 on your account to help with connection fee when he said It had to retype what he said back to make sure I got it right he said that's right what I said so I signed up and got my services on the 1/6/17 well today is the 6/6/17 and I got a email with a bill which was £63 thought hang on wheres the £50 so I rang up  customer service first one I spoke to would not even go and check so I said Im hanging up the call  and ringing back second person said cant find the information about the signing up and said there nothing on your account about £50 said I was not happy he said putting you thought to the people you can cancel I thought what dont even want to sort it. I thought oh well maybe cancel team  will be diffident im sure they dont want to lose me as a customer but guess what they was just the same this cant find the information I then ask about the tv what channels I get got told me im only getting freeview channel I ask why am I not getting some virgin channel they said becuase you only signed up to freeview now the person who signed me up never said it was just free view channals if I know it was them would I said no why I would i need a box to get free view when my tv already get freeview channels for my tv aerial not happy now as going have to go with sky which I really did not want to because virgins internet is as fast as they say it is and I love it but going to lose it now all becuase they want give me the offer I first signed up to thats all im asking nothing else

0 Kudos