Menu
Rickmcdermott89
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why cant i change my package online

Everytime i try and change my package online it says it cannot be done online  its really frustrating 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why cant i change my package online

Rickmcdermott89 wrote:

Everytime i try and change my package online it says it cannot be done online  its really frustrating 

If you have a loyalty discount or the like applied to your account. That part of the page will be checking the code(s) applied to your account, checking them against its known database of codes. When it cannot find said code, it tells you that you cannot upgrade online and that you should call in.

That aside, the offers seen online either: A) Are notoriously well known for being price traps (listing a FROM price) which may vary heavily from the FROM price (I.E. much more expensive after you upgrade to it.) And B) The best deals are to be had from Customer Relations whom you can reach by calling 150 / 0345 454 1111 -> Option 4 -> option 5. Between 8AM to 8PM (M-F), 8AM to 6PM (Sa), closed Su.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rickmcdermott89,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to make package changes via the Virgin Media website. 

Shelke's excellent advice is spot on. I'm just getting back in touch with you to see if you were able to get in touch with us to look into upgrading your services.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Take care,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Johndimccann
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As above....why not? The phone system is not very efficient and can be problematic with mobiles especially.

surely it is possible to have a series of menus to allow either upgrades or downgrades?

0 Kudos