Menu
Tangepi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I speak with management urgently?

I'm having difficulties with a change over from one address to another. I have 2 boys with autism spectrum disorder and I am being told that it will take 3 weeks for an installation to my new address. My two boys need the use if broadband for ipads and TV etc as they are used for calming measures...3 weeks is far too long to ask my sons with ASD to wait. I've been a customer with Virgin 25 years since cabletel and Ntl
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I speak with management urgently?

hiya @Tangepi welcome to the virginmedia community forum, with the install engineers, first come first serve.. with install can sometimes take longer than 3 weeks depending on how many engineers in area, previously booked jobs etc.. so to check the new house hasn't been cabled up to the virginmedia network?.. since if it has would just need a self install pack when you plug the cables into virignmedia wall socket into hub, activate it and job done.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I speak with management urgently?

Hi Tangepi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us and we can only apologise for the situation you've been left in. 

When moving home, we ask you to let us know as soon as possible so we can book you in for an installation date. The spaces do get filled up really quickly and more often than not, I've not seen one happened without a minimum of a 2 week wait. 

We do understand the implications here however we're not able to bring the installation forward unless a free space becomes available. We have to work it on a first come, first serve basis as we're unable to judge on who needs it more between customers. 

We do have cancellations when other customers are no longer able to be in for the appointment so it's worth speaking to the team to see if there are any cancellations. Call them on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Keep us posted on how things go and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos