Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 7 (123 Views)

Why can't I get the same deals as new customers?

Why can't I get the same deals as new customers? Have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and they can't match the deals for existing customers it makes me sick , seriously considering moving to sky 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 7 (120 Views)

Re: Why can't I get the same deals as new customers?

[ Edited ]

With all due respect you need to think about what you are saying. If you move to Sky you are a new customer and qualify for the discounts they offer to new customers. Once the discounted period is over Sky prices will rise and you won't qualify for Sky's new customer deals because you won't be a new customer. So back to square one.

The business model that both VM and Sky use is reel 'em in with a deal and then hope they stay.  They all do it.

Still enjoy your time with Sky because I doubt this is a persuasive argument for you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Settling in
Message 3 of 7 (114 Views)

18 month deal at sky no rises in that time so once that deal is finished jump the bandwagon and become a new customer at virgin #loyalty means nothing
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 7 (112 Views)

An unsurprising response. So all you are doing is to try and play the game, but there is a catch. You'll never be a new customer when you come back to VM. You'll be a returning custome. In those circumstances VM reserve the right to deny you new customer deals. So you only get to play this trick once. Do you imagine that Sky and VM hadn't thought of it before you did? Because they have.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 5 of 7 (101 Views)

There is a way around this
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 6 of 7 (97 Views)

Look this is an enjoyable exchange. OK what you'll do is ask your wife/partner to share the rotation or some other variation on this. But the important thing is this when you are with a supplier you will not get new customer deals from that supplier.  That is how the business model works. We can stop here - at least I will. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7 (80 Views)

You will find in the terms or deal either on sky or virgin that a certain amount of time has to pass couldn't just come back after 6 months and pretend to be new but once a certain amount of times passed you are than classed as a new customer
0 Kudos