Menu
AKnight
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why can I not find my contract dates under My Virgin Media

I saw a previous answer to this question posted a while ago that doesnt make sense as it says its not online as its a valuable document?

This I dont understand. All I would need to see is the start and end date of my contract. Not the terms and conditions of my contract

Also can I email Virgin Media from my account please? Im bored of spending 20mins at a time waiting in a line to ask something that can easily be added to my account as above

Hope someone can help and many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Alex

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can I not find my contract dates under My Virgin Media

There is, of course, a very easy, quick way of getting the information you are after without need to communicate at all with Virgin Media - look at your contract, sent to you originally by mail or, more recently, by pdf attachment to an email.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And you can't e-mail VM. No address. Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to get relevant options.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
AKnight
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, And many thanks for the reply.

Had I been able to locate my contract sent by mail, or email with attached pdf I would not be looking for it on my online account.

These days the whole point of having information "online" is that for busy, unorganised people like myself, they set up accounts so they/I can find this information easily. Clearly any "confidential" information is not kept online, however, if my car insurance, home insurance and all my other "accounts" have this information Im not quite sure by Virgin Media is a special case and cant give two dates? Start & Finish of contract?

Many kind thanks

Alex

AKnight
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I dont understand? If I cant see any contract details on my account and I cant email VM from my account so my relevant option is to do as i have been and hang on the line waiting for VM to pick up?

Many apologies If I have miss understood your reply

Kind regards

Alex

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You are looking at this from the wrong direction. If you could see your contract online then you would be in a position to make the best judgement call for your needs. If you could cancel it online, virgin would not have the option to talk you out of leaving, with maybe an off or different package.

As most of us are lazy to some degree, this means that Virgin (and all the other companies from tv to insurance to magazine subscriptions)get to keep you longer as if we do something about it it's normally after the earlier leave date
Great business for them, not for the poor old customer
0 Kudos
AKnight
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Your totally right but just to elaborate. Im only asking to see my contract DATES. Im not necessarily going to cancel.

I ONLY want to email VM to ask a question about my contract as Im bored of waiting on the phone for 20mins and giving up

So in conclusion, all VM are doing is alienating me as a customer and making me more inclined to leave without any chance of me listening to ANYTHING they have to say

Im also wondering now how many people on here are like yourself, as you seem like a general CUSTOMER who has replied with your thoughts. And I thank you for that. This is against the two people who replied at the beginning, SUPER USERS? Who clearly were not interested in my question because the answer they gave did not address it

Kind regards

Alex

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Really - insulting. I don't think so. Ernie C and I answered your questions clearly. We do not speculate on why VM offer their services in the way they do because we do not work for VM. You asked two questions

1. Can I see my contract on-line for the start and end dates. The answer is you cannot. That is because you know the start date or should do if you looked after your paperwork. There is never an end date to a VM contract. After the initial discounted period and the initial minimum service period, during which if you leave you must pay early leaving charges, the contract becomes a rolling 30 days contract with the usual 30 days notice to leave required always. You cannot have VM services without a contract. So you proceed from a false premise that there are two dates.  There are not. You know the first and the second doesn't exist.

2. No e-mail. VM clearly don't want e-mails from their customers. They don't therefore provide an e-mail address to communicate much as you would like them to. 

It's a funny world really. I try to give the best impartial answers I can to help people who come here. I do it voluntarily. Then I am told I insult them. OK - next time I see a post from you and I know the answer I'll look elsewhere for someone who does want my help. I'm not here just to reinforce any predetermined view.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

AKnight wrote:

Hi, And many thanks for the reply.

Had I been able to locate my contract sent by mail, or email with attached pdf I would not be looking for it on my online account.

These days the whole point of having information "online" is that for busy, unorganised people like myself, they set up accounts so they/I can find this information easily. Clearly any "confidential" information is not kept online, however, if my car insurance, home insurance and all my other "accounts" have this information Im not quite sure by Virgin Media is a special case and cant give two dates? Start & Finish of contract?

Many kind thanks

Alex

I totally agree with you Alex, this basic information should be available online via My Virgin Media.  The end date of the initial contract term is of extreme importance because it marks the point of transfer to a 30 day notice without incurring early leaving penalties.  I've seen a few horror stories on these forums from people who have made an innocent phone call to VM only to discover much later that the incompetent call centre staff have started them on a new 18 month contract without even informing them.  Transparency is lacking and VM should be ashamed of themselves.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
AKnight
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Dave, your SPOT ON!

Howard. I did not reply with the intention of being insulting and maybe VM should use some of the money I pay a month £140! and that of other users to get on here and actually read and listen to what people have to say and ACT upon this, rather than leave it to SUPER USERS, where as a first time user read more into your tag line than I should. Apologies for that.

However, in reply to your points

1. "Can I see my contract on-line for the start and end dates” I did not ask this. The title was “Why can I not find my contract DATES under my Virgin Media” and went on to say in the main body "All I would need to see is the start and end date of my contract. Not the terms and conditions of my contract” I realise its not on there. And about time it is.

Your point about "if you looked after your paperwork” I also covered this. We are heading into a paperless society, Ledges full of papers are a thing of the past and is just bad for the environment and costs money, those charges for postage, staff, ink, paper etc ALL passed onto US. Im sure VM don’t take it out of their profits. Lots of companies, in fact MOST companies now let you have all your information online. As a person severely multi-tasking with 4 children and two jobs etc, anything ONLINE gets my thumbs up. And I accept any risks attached to that. Also my bank and credit card agreements were ALL done online. ALL with values far greater than my VM Contract

I mentioned an end date, this would be as Dave said, the date at which an initial discounted agreement ends. There is no second date without having a first one. The second date being once you have managed to get the first datE from VM!

Also, why would VM not make this date TOTALLY TRANSPARENT, ONLINE. I realise I cant have VM services without a contract, like a mobile phone contract. All VM are trying to do, as again Dave pointed out, is to make sure you cant cancel at the click of a button and you HAVE TO speak to them. Mobile telephone companies used to try and do this.

2. As with other companies, banks, credit etc, they do prefer you to email them, especially if its not a question or issue that needs sorting out immediately. Like mine. This would make the 20min call waiting I have had x 3 days this week for other people also waiting for URGENT questions shorter

It is a funny world and as I said above, my intention was not to insult. Maybe VM should stop using the good will of others to do their bidding and get onboard themselves

A reply from them would be nice?