Menu
MrDisgruntled
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why arent the retentions department calling me back

Evening all,

My contract runs out today, I phoned the relevant department on Thursday 13.07.17 to discuss alternative packages. The staff member was a little funny with me when I told her id discussed things with a colleague in the retention department and he'd told me to call back when convenient and ask to speak to someone in the retentions department as they can offer the best deal as it's "the last chance department". I got put on a 24 hour call back after explained what she was offering me wasn't as good as what her colleague could credit me with, 24 hours later I called back as my contract was due to expire the next day. Again a staff member explained various thing's and put me on 24hour call back again and extended my service for another 48 hours at my cost. Today is the 17.07.17 and still no call back and my service finishes tonight. I can only presume £76.51 per month I was paying isn't sufficient to warrant a bit of common curtesy.

Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why arent the retentions department calling me back

Hi MrDisgruntled

I appreciate that at the time of your first post to us things were not going well for you with us and I am sorry to hear that you had had this experience with us.

I understand you have been advised about the team that do proactively call some of our customers who are arranging to disconnect but they don't guarantee to call all customers, and usually hit about a 10-15% ratio of customers who are disconnecting during this process.

With respect to the promises you have had regarding this and the forms that have been filled in for them to call you, again I can see that the agents have advised there is no guarantee of a call back even if the form is filled in as is the process but, given the experience you have had with us, I can contact them again for you if you would like me to?

Just let me know.

If you would like me to do this for you then please drop me a PM with:

• your name,
  • the account holders name if this is not you
  • and your preferred contact number and time to be contacted

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to advise further.

Thanks again

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos