Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (145 Views)

Why am I still being billed for a service I cancelled?

I cancelled my account but I am still being billed, despite not using the service at all. I no longer reside in the UK so I finally managed to reach someone on the web chat service who didn't seem to understand at all. The next day I received an email with a new copy of the same bill thanking me for requesting a new copy, something I didn't do. The web chat person told me there wasn't an email address I could write to, which seems highly unlikely. I would like clarification as why I have been being billed and about returning the money I have already paid for nothing.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 8 (119 Views)

Re: Why am I still being billed for a service I cancelled?

hiya @Richard13 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, the agent you chatted with is correct there isn't a email address, as for why you're still being billed would really need to be taken up by customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us), calling virignmedia via +44 345 454 1111 since the forum team dont get really involved in billing issues, you could try the chat again and hopefully get a better agent.

to check a few basics where you still under contract when you cancelled virginmedia?
did you give 30 days notice to virignmedia that you are cancelling?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (105 Views)

I recently moved house and we wanted to keep our virgin services. We have moved to a new build property and 2 weeks before the move we were assured that engineers had confirmed that the new property was serviceable. We were given an installation date of 14th March.
However, the day before the installation we received a call to say that it had been postponed indefinitely due to technical issues on the new development. Two weeks later we had heard no more so called virgin for an update to be told that services may not be available until the development is finished. This is still some months away and so consequently we cancelled our contract and found a new supplier.
Today we received a call from virgins Indian call centre to tell us that because we have cancelled the new contract we would now be billed for the remainder of the account at our previous address which would amount to 6 months charges.
This seems grossly unfair and is shocking customer service for something that is beyond our control. We will not be paying the charges!!
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8 (99 Views)

Dear paultechy,

I will try the web chat again and hope for the best, but could you confirm that the web chat operatives are able to refund my money? While I'm sure the phone service may be quicker, the cost of phoning the helpline from a mobile phone in Japan is prohibitive, unless Virgin are prepared to reimburse that too?

Lastly, is there a postal address I can write to? I keep getting email bills with ever increasing amounts of money, for a service I cancelled and have not used.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 8 (96 Views)

I think there's a limit on how much refund can be applied by chat agent, since if you moved address and the new property is un-serviceable not on the virgin media network would be charged a early disconnection fee http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

You could write to virgin media via

Write to us at:
Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

As for calling virgin media you could use international calling cards, or via e.g. Skype so will be a few pence per minute since using mobile will be arm and leg in cost
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (80 Views)

Hi Richard13, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue getting things sorted on your account. Checking things today, I can see a complaint has already been raised and that you've been able to speak to our team since posting. 

If you are needing any further information, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (63 Views)

Hello Kath,

I'm glad to hear a complaint has been raised, it's news to me because I still hadn't been able to get through. Would you mind telling me the progress of the complaint. I received yet another bill to my email address so it hasn't filtered through to whoever sends those. Not only did I phone to cancel my account well over a year ago, you'd think someone would notice I haven't used a single bite of data in all that time. I am getting increasingly fed up with the inability to directly communicate with Virgin to sort out a refund of the money I have been erroneously charged and continue to bee charged for.

Sorry to rant a little, it's just a frustrating process and I appreciate you trying to sort it out.

Regards,

Richard
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (28 Views)

Hi Richard13, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one.

In order to help you further and give you specific details, I will need to pass Data Protection with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos