Menu
Area511
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why Virgin abuse his customers ?

Hello,

I needed to upgrade my virgin media broadband and it could not do it online, I got an error message asking to call instead.

I called virgin media and I had a terrible experience, the first operator asked me lots of questions and then told me he had to transfer the call to a different team, then after being on hold for 10 minutes someone hang up on me.... What's wrong with you?

I called back, I said I want to upgrade and it's my second call because someone hang up on me. I said maybe I should terminate my contract, then he asked me if I wanted to terminate my contract or upgrade? (was it a joke or a provocation? )

Then I realised I was probably talking to a robot
the person on the phone told me that it would be better to dial the other team directly so there is less chance that someone hang up on me...  (nice!) so he gave me another phone number and wish me good luck. (Thanks)

So I dial the other team, after being on the phone for 30 min he was not sure what to do with me (lol) and put me on hold. So after 50 minutes on the phone he said my account was closed, I told him that I got Internet so why are you telling me it's closed? Then in a hurry he told me that I have to call  customer service ... When? On Friday because they need to sort everything out... Ok... I was so confused, he was apparently more confused than I was....

I phoned for 50 minutes and nobody was able to help me! Is it that complicated?

So I called customer service on Friday (you do not even care doing a call back by yourself, cheap...) , tell them the story and she told me that she cannot do anything for me yet but someone from customer service will call me back the next day on Saturday at 1pm.... (at this stage I was still believing your liars...)

It has been 2 weeks and I am still waiting for that call... IS THERE ANYONE FROM VIRGIN MEDIA ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUERY?
I wish I could do it online and avoid paying extra money on my phone bill and waste my time on the phone.

Why do you have a "customer service" if you obviously don't care about your customer, and cannot solve an EASY query ? It is not even a problem to solve, it is a QUERY.
So Virgin offer SUPER FAST broadband, good!

Can I have a SUPER virgin media agent able to update my fiber? Or should I go directly to your call center office in Glasgow and ask ?

Thank you for reading

By the way I got all theses numbers, which one is correct ? Thanks for the confusion and your kafkaesque customer service !

0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.

08000521734 Pre installation team

Customer service number to call back on Friday
08000520397 Friday
1812 from mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why Virgin abuse his customers ?

Hi Area511, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've had a less than perfect joining since joining Virgin Media. 

When you first enquired about upgrading, you hadn't been installed yet so had no active account so this is why you were unable to perform the upgrade online. 

When calling then there was an issue with the account as for some reason it didn't go active after the installation on our systems so we needed to refer the matter to the IT Team. 

As you're an existing customer, you can call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111. You won't need the Pre Installation Team so can delete this number. 

Apologies once again for the experience you've had and hopefully things will be better from here on out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Area511
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I contacted virgin media multiple times.
On Saturday 14/01/2017 I've used the online chat service, then I've been on the phone with customer service, then the call was transferred to the sales team (asking what was my mobile plan? I won't change to virgin after that broadband issue obviously...) then customer service again, then the operator told me that he was going to transfer me to the sales team again, I told him no because I ve already talked to them. I prefer to write an email.
Do you have an email adress I can use to send the Internet offer I was supposed to get?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Area511

I appreciate you have been advised to send a copy of this offer into us.

I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find on the forums on the top right in the for me to get further details from you.

If you could get back in touch with me on this pm, that would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos