Menu
esz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why No £50 for introducing a friend

In Nov 2016 I introduced a friend to VM, they received their joining email from JM and joined.

it is now April and neither of us have received £50.

I have contacted VM on 4 separate occasions and was promised it would be credited to the following months bill.

I have been asked by the VM agent to send a copy of the joining email which I have but still no luck. the agent also promised on 2 occasions to return my calls which never happened.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why No £50 for introducing a friend

The promise of 50 is from the virgin world of alternative facts.

As are most of their other inducements.

Easy to promise but strangely hard to deliver

It probably will never

esz wrote:

In Nov 2016 I introduced a friend to VM, they received their joining email from JM and joined.

it is now April and neither of us have received £50.

I have contacted VM on 4 separate occasions and was promised it would be credited to the following months bill.

I have been asked by the VM agent to send a copy of the joining email which I have but still no luck. the agent also promised on 2 occasions to return my calls which never happened.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

happen, unless you scream and shout a lot.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi esz and welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting on a credit for referring your friend to us.

I'd like to look into this for you so I'll be dropping you a line by private message soon. Just click the small envelope icon to the top right.

Best, 

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi esz, 

Thanks for coming back to Michael via Private Message with your information Smiley Happy 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend this then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Checking your account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred. but I am seeing you have been in talks with the team via the helpline.

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you and get the credit applied finally. 

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
esz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

I have sent the referral email and friends details to your team on 2 previous occasions, I will forward it again via private message, hopefully you can help.

regards

0 Kudos