Menu
Hamrag
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Where's the extra £40 coming from?

When I look at VM's services (as a new customer), I can get Vivid100 + Full House TV for £66 (plus a £15 activation fee).

The above is what I want but when I look at my bill, I'm paying £106.36. When I joined I was told I had to have the phone too because it would be cheaper that way. But I don't want the phone, I don't want the TiVO box either.

So how can I get my bill down to the £66 that new customers can get?

Hamrag
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where's the extra £40 coming from?

Let's me go a step further, if I go to the VM site and make a bundle;

- If I pick FH-TV and 100Mbps it's £66/month

- If I pick FH-TV and 100Mbps with Phone and Talk Anytime it's £60/month rising to £79/month after 12 months.

Either way, neither add up to £106.35/month.

I was advised to sign-up for a bundle (in 2012) because it was cheaper to add the phone and not use it than just having TV+BB (back then it was called the Essential bundle). I queried that in 2013, but VM wrote back to me and said it's still a good deal and in my best interest (I still have the email!). But at some point since then, that bundle obviously lost it's compelling advantage, I wasn't notified but continued to be charged anyway.

But it doesn't end there because the charges I have incurred and am still incurring today don't match up to the costs presented on the VM website. Is there something I'm missing here? Please help me to resolve this, as right now I feel like I might have been overcharged for years.

p.s. Here are the bundle prices for those mentioned above.

VM2_061116.PNG

VM3_061116.PNG

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where's the extra £40 coming from?

Basically, when out of your original initial 18 month contract you never negotiated a retentions deal right?. If so your eventually going to be paying prices in excess of what new customers can get unless you recontract for another 12 months via retentions in return for a loyalty deal.  You simply need to call retentions, 150 (from a VM phone line) and follow the options to "thinking of leaving"  and give them your unhappiness at your current price against new customer prices.  If out of contract they should at the very least match new customer prices or even cheaper in return for a new 12 month contract.

Countless posts in the past of customers getting below new customer prices via retentions.  Ourselves, we eventually negotiated & managed to drop the phone line, no TV service (not watched subscription TV for years) and just keeping the 50mb broadband.  List\new customer price for that is about £34.25, under our deal we are paying pretty much half that, £17.25 per month for 12 months.  Of cause, such deals are dependant on genuine alternative options (which VM will certainly know about) and new customer deals elsewere at any given time (which VM will certainly know about) and how determined you are to walk away during the negotiating stage unless they offer a decent deal.

0 Kudos