Menu
Kat52
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When will my broadband be installed?

I have recently moved into a new build estate where I got a letter through the door saying Virgin cables were all installed and that if I wanted Virgin it was set to go. For this reason I contacted Virgin and arranged for broadband to be installed.

My install date was supposed to be today - I took the day off to ensure I would be home. I received a text last night at 5.10 telling me my broadband would not be installed today, with no explanation and a phone number to contact if I needed more information.

I dialled the number and when I got through I was on hold for 30 minutes before anyone answered. The person I was put through to did not know what the problem was and could not explain to me why I was not getting my broadband installed. I was on the phone to this person for 10 minutes and only 4 of these minutes was I actually speaking with someone - the rest of the time I was back on hold.

I asked to be put through to a manager to explain why I was only being told at the very last minute my engineer would not be out. He was rude and the line also went dead. I waited to see if he would phone me back but he did not.

I then had to dial the number again, wait another half an hour to get put through to someone before being told there was no manager to speak to me. When I finally got through, once again the person was rude and not helpful. I asked be put through to complaints and he transferred me through to a number.

Once again I was on hold for 25 minutes. When I finally did get through the person on the other end of the phone informed me that there is no complaints department and that if I had a complaint I had to do it through the installation team who had passed me through. This person then transferred me back through to the installation team. This time I was on hold for 35 minutes and hung up on.

I yet again had to dial the number and wait 20 minutes for someone to answer where they spoke with my husband. All He was told Is that our broadband will not be installed until the new year, they cannot give me an exact date and will not resolve my issue. Nor did I get an apology for the 2 hours and a half of my time that was wasted, nor that I had to take a day off work and wasn't told about this change until it was too late to do anything about this. I would like to know how this issue of not having broadband is going to get resolved and also when it will be getting installed. I am completely disgusted with the customer service I have received.
0 Kudos
Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my broadband be installed?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but VM have form in this area...

I have had an issue since May maybe longer

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Months-of-delays-getting-set-up/m-p/329...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my broadband be installed?

Hi Kat52, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

I'll be happy to take a look at where things stand currently but I've not been able to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos