Menu
seanwarsap
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When Are you going to be in my area, fed up with sky broadband

So I keep checking the cable my street and it still says you cannot reach me at the moment but we have had virgin media round and they have put the boxes in the street and the cover plates on the pavement that say CATV on it. and we have seen road works marked with virgin media communications 

My post code is : wf17 6ph

0 Kudos
myates23
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: When Are you going to be in my area, fed up with sky broadband

Hi Seanwarsap

If you got a private response from Virgin, please let us all know.

I had Virgin Cable for ten years at BA11 3DP, then moved to UB8 2LJ seven years ago and found very poor landlines here.

Cablemystreet tells me that the cable is only 60m away to the south and 180m to the north on this side of Cowley High Road and all along the other side, yet there are at least 300 homes here without and with landline giving 5.2Mb/s max without fibre, only 22Mb/s with.

The Cablemystreet reponse has changed this year, slightly more hopeful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seanwarsap and thanks for your post.

I'm glad to hear you've registered your interest in our service.

Since you mentioned work has already been carried out, I have sent a message to your local area manager to see if we can get an update as to when the cables should go live. I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi myates23,

I have responded to your own thread. Please keep the conversation in one place to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seanwarsap,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have been in touch with our network expansion team who I'm afraid have advised they have no record of any work being carried out on your street so far and there is no update as to when we'll be reaching you.

For now I can only recommend registering your interest here: https://virg.in/cablemystreet and we'll let you know as soon as we have concrete plans.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

0 Kudos
seanwarsap
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm confused because they have put the things in the ground outside the flats and houses that say CATV on it, they have always but Grey Boxes around the estate and manhole covers on the floor that say CATV on them 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi seanwarsap,

Thanks for your post and we do appreciate it's frustrating when you can see work going on in the area but no further updates. 

Once cables are laid, there's a lot of back end work we need to do to get things up and running. 

We'll need to update all our systems, there'll be further work outside of the street to connect you to the head end and then there will be other things involved such as meetings with the council, and energy providers. 

It does take a while and as soon as we can provide you with a date, we'll let you know.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos