Menu
mossopski
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is the right number to contact the Bereavement Team?

Finding it very frustrating and difficult to find the right number to call to discuss my mothers account since her death.  Her phone has been cut off, without any letter to the address and I want to discuss.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the right number to contact the Bereavement Team?

First post at the top of this forum

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-to-do-if-a-Virgin-Media-account...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
mossopski
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi -  Tried that, but just going round in circles on their phone system.  Option 4 does not exist, unless it's the moving house option.  Which my mother clearly isn't

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's the one - change package or moving, then take option 5.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
mossopski
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi -  thanks for the reply, I got round it by just being silent on the phone menu and eventually got through to an agent after 4 minutes.  The process is thoroughly unhelpful and very narrow. Absolutely, the worst providers in this situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mossopski

My apologies that you had difficulties in getting through to us on the phone to speak to a colleague regarding this.

I am glad to hear you have got through to one of the team and thank you for taking the time to post on the forums about this. We really appreciate you joining us here.

You've had some help from the community, and @teabag has been great at providing support here for you.

Could you let me know if there is anything else we can help with for you?

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
sug172
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why can't you have a dedicated number for Bereavement, I followed the options and was on hold for 10 minutes, somebody answered and said It was the wrong department and put me on hold for 13 minutes at which time I gave up.

This is the situation where a company really can make a difference and Virgin Media have fallen short. 

This is what you need to do, Have a dedicated number for bereavement which is easy to find, even if the customer has to leave a message and you get back to them.

jacmurphy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had real problems a couple of years ago when my father died cancelling with virgin. Took about 8 months to sort out. Quite sad they still havent made this process any easier. It was one of the last items to get sorted from his estate and there were a lot!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi sug172

I do apologise if you have had difficulties in getting in touch with our bereavement team when you tried to get in touch with them next week.

Could you let us know if you have been able to get in touch with them since you posted? If not, I understand that you have been waiting to get through to them previously but they do not have an external number that we could supply to our customers. We pass customers through via an internal number on our systems when you call us to arrange the transfer of responsibility via 0345 454 1111 or 150 if you have access to a Virgin Media line.

If you are looking to close the account down for the original account holder, if you could contact our teams via 0345 454 1111 via option 4 then option 5, or 150.

Please keep us posted on how you get on, and if you need anything else, please just let us know.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi sug172

Just a quick catch up to see if you have managed to resolve this with us when you called?

If you've not yet been in touch with the teams it would be great if you could contact them as per the post above and let us know how this goes for you.

Please feel free to ask any other questions and we'll do what we can to support.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos