Menu
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Weblink on My Virgin Media is not working.

considering in adding Sky Sports to my package but the following web link is not working. It's been a while and needs addressing pronto

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/offers

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weblink on My Virgin Media is not working.

Which error message do you see? Is it this one: "We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help."?

If you have a discount applied you cannot use the existing offers (online upgrades) page. As the system prevents an account with a discount applied to it from using said pages, to protect the discount tied to said account.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please see attached image

Thanks

image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do you get that error in other web browsers on other devices? As cookie issues can lead to errors like that (by breaking the login process that leads to such errors generating.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Failed on my iPad, Galaxy tablet, and PC. doesn't matter which browser it just don't work!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

AVGVSTVS wrote:

Failed on my iPad, Galaxy tablet, and PC. doesn't matter which browser it just don't work!

Thanks. Then how far do you get using the link? Do you get to sign in and it fails after that? You're using your primary My VM login to sign in with yes? Not one of the additional sub-accounts? Such things need to be done via the primary.

I used the link earlier and then signed in with my primary My VM account, it then took to me the usual page advising me to call in if I wanted to change my package (I have a discount applied.)

If it comes up with the error after sign-in for you (with your primary My VM account) then there will be a problem with your account and yours alone, which you'll need to call in about. By ringing 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 (from all other lines) -> option 2 (faults) -> use the broadband faults option (it covers all My VM support too and email as well.) Inform them of the problem and ask them to raise a ticket regarding it.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AVGVSTVS

Thanks for taking the time to pop by with your My Virgin Media  and Sky Sports upgrade options.

I appreciate that this has been an issue for you and apologise for the inconvenience you have had.

I have taken a look at the account for you and can see the option you have with us is an older one for the package you have. That could be a factor in why the portal is not allowing the upgrade to be presented to you as it's maybe not 'reading' the options you have as the options are a legacy package with us.

It would be best if you could get in touch with us to resolve this. Just adding on the premium channels is totally fine with any package, and doesn't re-contract you at all, providing the main package line up and discounts do not change, so please get in touch with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can take a look at this addition for you.

We can also then log this issue with IT for you to flag that this isn't being synched with your account when you use the portal to make those amendments and this should correct the problem going forwards.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
andymanu
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen_A

I am having the same problem and as I work very long days I would prefer to manage my account on line without faffing about  on phone menus and waiting in a queue !

I can sign in fine, view bills and package etc but not make any changes to it as I get the stupid message "We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes"

I have no current discounts, my 12 month contract has long gone over 12 months and have no pop up or other blockers and I've tried in Chrome and IE.

Is there anyway I can do change my package on line or do I have to call up. I don't want to go through a verbal sales process as I know exactly what I want.

Sorry to be a pain but I would really appreciate your help please.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi AVGVSTVS

Thanks for taking the time to pop by with your My Virgin Media  and Sky Sports upgrade options.

I appreciate that this has been an issue for you and apologise for the inconvenience you have had.

I have taken a look at the account for you and can see the option you have with us is an older one for the package you have. That could be a factor in why the portal is not allowing the upgrade to be presented to you as it's maybe not 'reading' the options you have as the options are a legacy package with us.

Are you really saying that as the OP has a legacy package with VM, and VM have "upgraded" their portal, that portal is now unable to support legacy accounts and contracts? Surely that is an issue with the VM portal and not with a customers account?

It would be best if you could get in touch with us to resolve this. Just adding on the premium channels is totally fine with any package, and doesn't re-contract you at all, providing the main package line up and discounts do not change, so please get in touch with our teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can take a look at this addition for you.

Weasel words and wriggle room!

Just how likely is it that a legacy package will line up with the currently existing main VM packages? I suspect it's highly unlikely, and any changes made by the OP will inevitably result in higher charges and a new contract. 

We can also then log this issue with IT for you to flag that this isn't being synched with your account when you use the portal to make those amendments and this should correct the problem going forwards.

Why don't you flag with IT that the OP's current legacy package is not being synched correctly on your portal? Get that resolved prior to the OP adding to their existing services, thus ensuring they are able to maintain their existing package and add to it, without the OP having to re-contract.

Let us know how you get on.

I suspect that at the end of the day the OP will either have to remain on their current legacy package and forget about any additions, or have to re-contract to a new package (same services at a higher cost), just to add Sports to their existing service. Please tell me I'm wrong.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
AVGVSTVS
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Surely rather than me having to contact you yet again, you could have easily upgraded my legacy package to automatically sync with the current web services so I and the others who are in the same boat as me won't keep having the same problems.

Just FIX IT!!!!!!

No questions asked.

0 Kudos