Menu
Chris34
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We need the pre-installation team to confirm installation can happen.

This coming Wed, 22nd Feb, we are to have Virgin service installed. Our property has never had Virgin services to the house. As yet we have no Virgin cables coming to the house and therefore we think the engineer visit on Wednesday will be a waste of time. (Spotters arrived last Saturday, knocked on the door, told us who they were and what they were looking for and then disappeared).

Most importantly, we have arranged for BT to drop our broadband and landline on Wednesday. 

If as we expect the engineer will not be able to install our broadband and landline and we have no BT service we are going to be very frustrated. Not least because we have made great efforts to let Virgin know we think it will be a wasted visited. 

In total we have made seven calls to the Virgin care team. On three of those calls we have been cut off having been passed to another extension. Two calls to the pre-installation team added up to 40-50 minute waits with no answer. And two customer care people said they would investigate and get back to us: they didn't.

We are trying hard to become Virgin customers but it has been a very frustrating so far.

Please don't just suggest getting in touch with the pre-installation by phone. We have tried that. It shouldn't be this difficult to become a customer of Virgin. We are at the point of cancelling this Virgin order since I do not want to be left without a broadband service and landline.

best wishes, Chris.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: We need the pre-installation team to confirm installation can happen.

why not delay your BT cancelation until you have VM installed. That way you know you'll never be without.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

why not delay your BT cancelation until you have VM installed. That way you know you'll never be without.
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Your last two lines ..is what you should do..stay with BT!??

If it's that difficult to become a customer .. it says something about their CS and the effort it could take if you have a problem in future ... read these forums!

Speed. : when it is available... isn't everything .. reliability and decent Customer Services is!!!!!

... ZVNK ...
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

this forum is a tiny number of people with problems. millions of people have no problems with VM at all.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The cable pull team should arrive a couple of days before the install & leave the cable coiled up on your boundary for the installer to complete the job. The only thing that will hold up proceedings is if the ducting is blocked in any way as then a construction team & council permits are required. For this reason an overlap of existing services is a good idea.

There is one thing that bothers me. You say in your post "we have arranged for BT to drop our broadband and landline on Wednesday."

I hope you are not porting your existing BT number to Virgin as the above is not correct procedure. If you have put a cancel notice in this will block your number from being ported & you could lose it. As per OFCOM's procedures, you contact your new supplier & they arrange the port request including the closure of the landline account.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Chris34
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If that is the process regards getting the cables/fibres to our house two days before then why has no one told us that - we have spoken to enough Customer Service people. Surely someone in Customer Services must be well enough trained to know what actually happens in the field. 

How would the installers get the cables/fibres under our driveway from where we can see the closest Virgin green cabling. How are they going to get cables/fibres to the front of our house without digging up the drive? It is a distance of 20-30 ft. There isn't going to be any existing ducting to use.

Our experience of Virgin over the last two weeks is shoddy: Customer Services cutting us off, not getting back to us, unacceptable waits on the phone - 50 minutes. The pre-installation team is under resourced or they don't appreciate that customer satisfaction matters.

All Virgin has done is deluge my inbox with emails about the service starting up - how it exciting it all is. It ain't, it is a pain in the %^se so far. None the information in the emails describes the pre-installation/installation process. 

We have been very polite and very patient. However, the latter has run out and we have now cancelled Virgin service and will stay with BT.  

No company should make it this difficult to become a customer - very disappointing Virgin. This experience has diminished the Virgin brand for us, albeit I will still listen to Tubular Bells! (via the BT broadband service).

Chris.

Abbafan1972
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

You had more luck than me - no-one even came out to check/pull the cables before the installation date which was yesterday.

Engineer turned up to do our installation and he wasn't here for 5 minutes and said he couldn't do it.  Was promised it would all be done yesterday and nothing was done at all.

Have now re-negotiated with Sky to keep their TV and transferring our Broadband to them (we were with BT).  Trying to become a Virgin customer is a task!  

Now I just need confirmation that my order has been cancelled, as that is difficult as well!

mphippen
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My parents had exactly the same issues, no-one would take ownership of the issue to follow-up, call back, keep them informed. It gets quite frustrating. They cancelled in the end and went back to Sky (which was always second choice, but at least they would give them info, gave them an upgrade and installed their new equipment in less than a week, and on the day they said they would).

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Over-Before-It-Started/td-p/3336816

I was disappointed as I had recommended Virgin in the first place.

kateshev
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I'm interested to see what type of response you get. We have been waiting since November for our installation. I would recommend not dropping your landline, as we did back in December, and still waiting for internet. 

I cannot tell you how many calls we have made to Virgin, and how many times they just keep re-arranging installation without actually understanding that we need cables to be installed. There is a massive miscommunication. We cannot get an answer from them. If they cant install the cables, then they just need to tell us so we can arrange something else. Unfortunately, now we will have to pay to have our landline set back up. 

I don't really know what to do from here. I hope youre internet ended up being installed.

Kate

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the installation issues you were having.

I appreciate this is not the best of starts with us as a customer and am sorry to hear you have had this experience with us Smiley Sad

If you could let us know if this has been resolved since you posted that would be great.

If not, we're here to help. Just let us know!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos